3G speed/Bars comparison @ your home or work. Pre and Post update. post results here!

This is a discussion on 3G speed/Bars comparison @ your home or work. Pre and Post update. post results here! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Before update at home: Phone jumped between 4 bars of edge and 1 to 2 bars of 3G. 3G speed tests averaged 100kbps. After update ...

Thread: 3G speed/Bars comparison @ your home or work. Pre and Post update. post results here!

3G speed/Bars comparison @ your home or work. Pre and Post update. post results here!

Before update at home:
    Phone jumped between 4 bars of edge and 1 to 2 bars of 3G.
    3G speed tests averaged 100kbps.

After update at home:
    3G at 4 bars 90 percent of the time. 3 bars 10 percent.
    Speeds averaging 900 kbps.
    Phone has not switched back to edge at home since update.

Conclusion: The update definitely helped me. I have noticed improved 3G bars almost everywhere in albuquerque. What about you guys.

Tested using CNET speed test and android speed test on nexus one with wifi disabled.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Strictly using Speedtest.net App:

-BEFORE UPDATE
    Avg of 800kbps download on full bar 3G.
    Avg of 150kbps upload on full bar 3G.

-AFTER UPDATE

Avg of 800kbps download on full bar 3G.
    Avg of 750kbps upload on full bar 3G.

Looks like it somehow magically upped my upload speed but DL speed remained the same.

Edit:

I get really really crappy coverage only INSIDE my work building. It's not the N1 3G issue, that's how it's always been for me. In fact, I can move like 5 FT away from my desk and I'll have good 3G... I'm sitting on some dead zone. Update obviously does not fix my deadzone issue :P Aside from my desk at work, I have wonderful 3G coverage (never lower than 3 bars) anywhere outside in my town.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links