Anyone gotten cosmetic damage to their Nexus yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone gotten cosmetic damage to their Nexus yet? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have never dropped mine but there are some ugly dark spots on the rubber at the bottom of the phone where the dock pins ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone gotten cosmetic damage to their Nexus yet?

I have never dropped mine but there are some ugly dark spots on the rubber at the bottom of the phone where the dock pins are. Heard that it is the decoloration of the Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    I have never dropped mine but there are some ugly dark spots on the rubber at the bottom of the phone where the dock pins are. Heard that it is the decoloration of the Teflon.
    I got that as well. Called HTC rep earlier. They said they've never heard such a thing and refused to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReBeLR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    seidio innocase 2 and clarivue anti-glare screen protector FTW!!!
    Where did you get those & for how much?

seidioonline.com

HTC Google Nexus One Screen Protector from Clarivue

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    I got that as well. Called HTC rep earlier. They said they've never heard such a thing and refused to help me.
    sigh, can we find something to coat it?

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    sigh, can we find something to coat it?
    All we know right now is that it is Teflon Coating. Don't know much about Teflon, for all we know there are different kinds of Teflon Coating. We'll be f@#$ed big time if we apply the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I keep my phone ON me at all times. Always in inner pockets, or my actual pants pockets.

I ordered a cheapy case off ebay from HK, and i've been ANXIOUSLY checking the mail everyday because i REALLY need some protection on the phone.....

But no dropping it so far.
    Same here... it seems sturdy but I ordered a cheap $3 plastic case all the same. Read too many horror stories of people dropping their iPhones & other phones and breaking the glass, chipping it, denting it, etc.... don't want to go there!

As a sidenote: what would be the best protection against falling? Apart from a 1/2" thick rubber jacket that is?

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    I was carrying it in my shorts, zipped because i was driving a bike, and it started to rain

T.T

I only realised half way home, then a sped back,
    luckily the sleeve that comes with the phone absorbed most of it (smelled a bit afterwards) my N1 was a bit wet still, dried it out and checked everything, the touch seemed to go crazy, must have been the water under the screen, i turned it off, let it thoroughly dry out, then started it,

been working like normal since, scared the **** outa me tho :|

i never dropped my phone i always carry it with me.....

Only a couple small drops on carpet so far... but the N1 is always in a case and sporting a screen protector!

I've never once dropped mine, but there are two wear patches on the bottom corner, and a tiny one on the top right of the battery cover. I'm not fussed about the battery cover one as I can quite easily buy a new one, but on the coated lower panel it's pissed me off a bit.

I use the HTC neoprene case, and all I can assume is that because I put it into the case usb dock first (ie standing up) that it's wearing on the internal seam along the bottom.

Really poor design if you ask me. I don't use the car mount that often so it's not wear from being in and out of that all the time either.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links