Any suggestions on how to run with the N1 without killing it?

This is a discussion on Any suggestions on how to run with the N1 without killing it? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm thinking I might go for a run this afternoon and try out some android jogging apps, but I can't quite figure out how not ...

Thread: Any suggestions on how to run with the N1 without killing it?

Any suggestions on how to run with the N1 without killing it?

I'm thinking I might go for a run this afternoon and try out some android jogging apps, but I can't quite figure out how not to kill this thing. I don't have any kind of jogging armband for it (only been on market for a week). And I'm worried that sweat might be bad, too.

So I don't know how to carry it without breaking it (in my hand would be wet and risk droppage) or how to *use* it while running.

Any thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    I'm thinking I might go for a run this afternoon and try out some android jogging apps, but I can't quite figure out how not to kill this thing. I don't have any kind of jogging armband for it (only been on market for a week). And I'm worried that sweat might be bad, too.

So I don't know how to carry it without breaking it (in my hand would be wet and risk droppage) or how to *use* it while running.

Any thoughts?
    If it's just your battery jostling around and losing connection there is something you can try, but I haven't tried this with my N1 I have no idea how well it would work.

My old phone was far worse than the N1 jus shaking it too hard would kill it. I would take a tiny piece of paper... like tear off part of a business card.... fold it over a few times so it's kind of jammed between the batter cover and the battery, it keeps it from being able to move around and holds it firmly to the connection. You just have to make sure it is thick enough that the cover is holding it down tightly.

Oh, I didn't mean crash it. I meant literally kill it, as in I can't figure out how to carry it or actually use it while running.

I've only ever run with a cheap sandisk that I didn't worry about breaking, but with all of the features of the N1, I'd like to start running with it.

You know, I actually used it for 9 miles yesterday with a regular ipod armband. I used it to take some interesting pics and like half workout noticed some moisture on the back of the phone, it was some spots but nothing to worry about, what I did was move the armband to my other arm to prevent more moisture, I am still looking for a better option like a very thin hard case so I can still use the ipod armband and have some space for moisture.

Btw battery was better than expected, had used only 25% after 2 hrs of gps, bluetooth, I used apmdroid to disable data also.
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

apmdroid? Is that on the market?

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    apmdroid? Is that on the market?
    sorry, "apndroid" still getting used to the OSKbd
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

mah
    Purchase an arm band... many are made for the iPhone/iPod, and would suffice. If you don't go this route, you're asking for problems.

Mwi

check the armband fitting N1 well

this armband discussion is over multiple threads. I also considered the tuneband on amazon.com, but that one could not be shipped to Europe somehow. So, i looked for other alternatives and after visiting many shops, i found a perfect fit with the Belkin Dualfit Sport. i posted some pictures on another post http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post46822

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links