Have you rooted?

This is a discussion on Have you rooted? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; No, I like my warranty....

View Poll Results: Which Summer Blockbuster Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor

1 3.85%
  • Transformers 3

10 38.46%
  • The Hangover 2

4 15.38%
  • Green Lantern

5 19.23%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.2

2 7.69%
  • Other (Please specify)

4 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you rooted?

No, I like my warranty.

No! I never jailbroke (jailbreaked?) my iPod either... so the N1 can already do infinitely more than that without rooting it :D

Lol, why is the poll in german? Weird german tho..
    Ja, das ist gut. = Yes
    Nicht, keine! = No
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

I also want to ensure warranty stays in tact. Also, I'm not sure, but last time I read about rooting, it still wasn't possible to unroot back to factory Google firmware & recovery ROM.

Love this forum, if this poll was on MoDaCo or XDA-Developers, I bet the results would be the opposite!

Lol! Am I the only one who rooted it so far? Lmao this is weird.
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

i did yesterday I also rooted my g1 2 weeks after I bought it I always wait most hardware fails within a couple of days if it is going too. Software I can fix myself

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post

If I might ask, what feature were you looking to get out of rooting your nexus one? I have been through the iPhone scene and jailbreaking was so worth it because of all the limitations apple puts in the app store. Being able to run unsigned code gave great incentive to a lot of very smart people to design multiple app stores available via jailbroken phones which a good portion of iPhone users make the endeavor and open up the doors so to speak.

As I recall from trolling the gadget websites I came across a ROM you could use after you root your nexus one. This particular ROM included multitouch. Some even commented it was not as stable as the stock ROM. My question is are there other custom ROM's out there that I have not located? If so what additional features/capabilities do these offer? Are they stable?

Since I purchased mine unlocked if I ever needed warranty work I would probably just buy a new one anyway since it takes so long for any company to service anything. I am not concerned about the 1 year warranty on the phone that covers only manufacturer defects. I would root my nexus one if I had some type of cool feature to kick me over the edge. As of right now I will stick with 2.1update-1. I am very happy with the performance and the stability of the stock firmware. Even with having many applications installed (not running in the background) the phone performs great. You would think since it is not such a crazy approval process for getting your app on the marketplace, you would have less stable applications. This definetly proved me wrong!

Lol, why is the poll in german? Weird german tho..
    Ja, das ist gut. = Yes
    Nicht, keine! = No
    Sorry, I was snorting horse tranquilizer at the time and burst into spontaneous pigeon German

1. Yes, it is good.

2. No, [I am] without [it]!

Quote Originally Posted by ploshayc View Post

My question is are there other custom ROM's out there that I have not located? If so what additional features/capabilities do these offer? Are they stable?
    Good question.

Maybe the mods could make a sticky with info on where to get these roms and what they are like, when they come out.

Should we be expecting many diverse and comprehensive redos of Android, or just individual apps? Just the odd rom or many? What has android modding history shown us?

I want to root mine, but the SDK for android 2.1 is only for x86 32 bit. I need to install a virtual machine so that I can get access.

Anyone have luck using Ubuntu x64 to get access with adb?

I'm rooting for a couple reasons but mostly so that my Torch app works!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links