Got OTA Update but now have problems with ZOOM

This is a discussion on Got OTA Update but now have problems with ZOOM within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so if im on a mobile page pinch wont work?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got OTA Update but now have problems with ZOOM

so if im on a mobile page pinch wont work?

Quote Originally Posted by paquamonk View Post
    so if im on a mobile page pinch wont work?
    no, it won't work, at least for me.

hmmm I cant even double tap anymore unless im in class mode

Same with me...all websites optimized for mobile do not allow me to zoom after update followed by uninstalling dolphin. Honestly, I don't even know if the stock browser had this zooming functionality before the update...I was using only dolphin soley because of it's multitouch capabilities.

I think we're affected mainly by each website's unique HTML and CSS coding; some of them put a line of HTML in there that looks something like this:

Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0;">
    or
    Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" />
    This bit of code disables user-end scaling/zooming on mobile sites and forces the content of the page to fit within the user's screen. This may be swell for iPhone users, but it's not always good all mobile devices.

One semi-effective workaround lies in the browser settings...just change text size to large. Don't worry, this modification doesn't seem to affect non-mobile sites. Unfortunately though, it only seems to work on a few mobile-enhanced pages...particularly one's that have written their corresponding CSS to allow browser-end text scaling.

For instance, try it on http://mobile.twitter.com . Here you'll see that window scaling is disabled, but we can freely modify the text size through settings to our liking. All pages may not render as they were intended to, but at least I can read it and touch the appropriate links with my big, fat, stubby, clumsy fingers.

Again, this will not work on all mobile optimized websites, so you may have to resort to the trackball.

YMMV, yadda yadda, good luck.

I can't test it right now but try the mobile facebook website. I was able to use the zoom button to zoom in (but not tap to zoom) before the update.

Yea you cant zoom on mobile based websites.. Try going to this forum and do your zooming should work fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links