Got OTA Update but now have problems with ZOOM

This is a discussion on Got OTA Update but now have problems with ZOOM within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Phone notified me I had an update so I let it. It went fine. Can pinch zoom in maps and gallery. However, in the default ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got OTA Update but now have problems with ZOOM

Got OTA Update but now have problems with ZOOM

Phone notified me I had an update so I let it. It went fine. Can pinch zoom in maps and gallery. However, in the default browser I can no longer double tap to zoom or pinch to zoom unless I switch to classic webpage view.
    Ive tried probably 20 webpages its all the same. No normal double tap or pinch unless I scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose classic.In other words no functionality in mobile view.
    Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

do you have dolphin installed? or did you uninstall it after the update? some people have reported problems when they uninstalled dolphin after the update.

i uninstalled dolphin

I think that's your problem, unfortunately not sure what the fix is, you may have to apply the update manually again. i think uninstallling dolphin removed the files needed for pinch to zoom by the browser.

Well hmm I appreciate the response. I will call HTC in the morning. Would i uninstall dolphin then reinstall the update ? Guess that makes sense.
    Im not very savvy when it comes to this stuff

Yeh i think there is a guide somewhere here which explains how to install the update manually http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ta-update.html

Good luck!

cxm
    I think I have the same thing, but I don't see it as an issue - If I am on google mobile version, there is no zoom as it is already optimised for mobile - if I switch to classic view then I can tap to zoom or pinch. TBH if it is optimised for mobile, then I never really need to zoom. Don't know if this changed with the update, as I never needed to zoom in to a mobile optimised site.

I thought mobile websites don't support pinch to zoom. I thought it only works in classic because there is no need for zoom in the mobile version.

it seems mobile version website is optimized to the phone resolution, zoom is not necessary.

I thought pinch n zoom was broken when I first updated, but then I noticed I was on a mobile page :-P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links