Car charger current considerations

This is a discussion on Car charger current considerations within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just did an experiment that some might find illuminating. I drove for about 40 minutes using Google navigation with Pandora in the background and ...

Thread: Car charger current considerations

Car charger current considerations

I just did an experiment that some might find illuminating. I drove for about 40 minutes using Google navigation with Pandora in the background and with the screen illumination set to 100%. I had the Nexus One plugged into a cigarette lighter adapter that I had lying around from another device.

During the 40-minute drive, the battery level went from 98% to 86%.

I don't know the current rating for the cigarette lighter adapter I was using -- it's not marked on the unit and the documentation accompanying the device it came with doesn't say, either -- but I'm guessing it's 500 mA. I have a 1000 mA adapter on order from monoprice.com. When it arrives and I have a chance I'll repeat the experiment to see if it can keep up with the power requirements in that scenario.

In the meantime, does anyone else have experiences to share in this regard?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have a 30 minute commute and typically do maps and pandora during the drive, with screen at autodim so it cycles between levels of brightness.

I typically don't charge it while I drive since I typically don't run out of power during regular usage. When I do plug it in though, I find it maintains or slowly increases the charge on my N1. I have the kensington 700mah cigarette / usb adapter though - it was the highest amperage "small" car adapter I could find on amazon.

That's encouraging to hear -- thanks for the info!

Careful to buy your car charger. I have cheat rated 1000 ma car charger. I tested them my phone drain power faster than it able to charge. So I go ahead to buy a car charge from Verizon Store (for the droid). The one from Verizon Store is working and I got charge in rate of about 1 minute to 1% battery power charge.

got Motorola car charger and seems to be working just fine!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links