System update/AT&T recognized?

This is a discussion on System update/AT&T recognized? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Thanks^ I'll check that out....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: System update/AT&T recognized?

Thanks^ I'll check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Finishlinewrx View Post
    Swapped sim out to my extra phone and the at&t site let me drop the 30$ plan off and go back to the 10 family plan.

I'm not playing this game with them with a phone that wont even run on their 3g.

Any good T-Mobile plans worth while?

Could the slow internet have anything to do with the nexus phones downloading the update in large groups?

Go to t-mobile and get the 79.99 unlimited talk text and web plan..its called even more plus. Everything for 80 unlimited and NO CONTRACT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Finishlinewrx View Post
    Swapped sim out to my extra phone and the at&t site let me drop the 30$ plan off and go back to the 10 family plan.

I'm not playing this game with them with a phone that wont even run on their 3g.

Any good T-Mobile plans worth while?

Could the slow internet have anything to do with the nexus phones downloading the update in large groups?
    T-Mobile has a $59.99 a month with 500 minutes and unlimited text / data. If I could move all 4 of us from AT&T to T-Mobile, an unlimited everything would be about 1/2 price of what I'm paying not for a mishmash of 1400 minutes / unlimited text and 2 unlimited data.

T-Mobile just needs a few more towers around where my kids live.

Or I need to stop paying for their phones :nexusx:

As for AT&T and the data plan, I'm on a $35 smart phone unlimited data from my Tilt, so I'm already paying too much for data.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I updated manually but the thing is that we might get bumped to $30/mo because ATT might have the N1 and I don't want to return this model and get the ATT 3G version, i'm ok with the edge battery life...

could be IMEI enforced.
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

Or walk into a t-mobile store tell them you are thinking from switching from ATT and they might give you some good plan deals or match the ones you are currently on.

Hmmm... I got the system update last evening after midnight automatically, but I haven't noticed anything different relative to connectivity. The internet seems consistent with the way it was before. Speed doesn't appear to have changed.

I'm AT&T - on Family Unlimited Data for $30 as well. I can't stand jumping around cell providers. It's like moving from Cable to DTV, I waited 10 years just because I operate on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" hypothesis. I've had T-Mobile (good customer service - fair network), Sprint (HATE SPRINT - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED) You could not pay me to go back to the games they play.

I've been on AT&T ever since dumping T-Mobile about 2 years ago because I changed employers and I love them. Their customer service sets them apart. Unfortunate about their band frequency for 3&4G, but Edge serves my purposes. I really don't know what all the need is for speed on a cell phone, it gets me my email, a quick look at a web page or a download for an MP3 file of a voice mail, but who's got the eyes or the desire to actually use a smart phone for what a laptop is made for. It's a phone, not a computer. (Well kinda)

@Finishlinewrx - was your update done OTA or manually? i'm also on at&t with a manually applied update and i'm still using the $10/monthly data package on my family plan. anyway now that i have "the heads-up-notice" i'll be closely monitoring my account.

Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    @Finishlinewrx - was your update done OTA or manually? i'm also on at&t with a manually applied update and i'm still using the $10/monthly data package on my family plan. anyway now that i have "the heads-up-notice" i'll be closely monitoring my account.
    It was OTA. It popped up a message box and said install new updates.

I've changed it back twice to the family plan and it last about 6hrs, then I get another sms saying this phone requires a data package. My account still show the last locked phone I had on there from a few years back.

AT&T customer service couldnt tell me why it added it. Then I got a let me talk to my suppervisor and never got a call back.

Automatically

Powered on my phone this morning and received two 'free' text messages alerting me that I should be using a smartphone data plan. Installed the update 2 days ago over the air. Check email and was notified that I had been 'upgraded' to their $30 unlimited smartphone data plan. Had been on the $15 unlimited.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links