System update/AT&T recognized?

This is a discussion on System update/AT&T recognized? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just checked my email subject line again: Smartphone Data Usage Alert that's more likely how they are tracking...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: System update/AT&T recognized?

Just checked my email subject line again:
    Smartphone Data Usage Alert

that's more likely how they are tracking

Here is what my email said.

Smart Phone Data Usage Alert For ####### Account #######

Dear Valued Customer,
    We hope you are enjoying your Smartphone! We appreciate and value your business and want to be sure you are aware of a change we've made to your account to ensure you have the best possible experience with unlimited data usage in the United States.

Smartphones are made for data consumption-surfing the web, social networking, email and more. That's why we require a Smartphone data plan in conjunction with our Smartphones. This ensures that customers with data intensive devices are not unpleasantly surprised with high data pay-per-use charges-just one low, predictable, flat rate for unlimited use each month.
    For whatever reason, our records indicate your Smartphone does not have the correct data plan. As a courtesy, we've added the minimum Smartphone data plan for you.

If you would like to select another data plan or have questions, please call 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless phone) or visit att.com/smartphoneplans.

Thank you for being an AT&T customer. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a great Smartphone experience.
    Sincerely,
    AT&T

Cool

HK Smartone Vodafone or Three HK has unlimited plans for Data (Upload & Download) and varying minutes from 2200 mins to 2400 mins and well as unlimited ingtra sms for $398 HKD wich translates to less than $50 USD

Monthly Fee$138$198$248$298$398Handset
    Subscription
    Price
    (24-month contract)16GB$3,580
    (Prepayment $1,100)
    $2,080
    (Prepayment $2,600)
    $1,180
    (Prepayment $3,500)

$380
    (Prepayment $4,300)

$0
    (Prepayment $4,680)
    32GB$4,380
    (Prepayment $1,080)

$2,880
    (Prepayment $2,580)

$1,980
    (Prepayment $3,480)

$1,180
    (Prepayment $4,280)

$780
    (Prepayment $4,680)

Local Data 100MB200MB500MBUnlimitedAirtime (min)Basic9001,0001,3001,8002,500Heart-to-Heart6006009001,2001,500ContentMultimedia Content-20304050Text Content -10203040Intra SMSUnlimitedWi-FiUnlimited

wow I got the email also today, I'm thinking of switching to Tmo, what is the fee to add a line and unlimited data to an existing plan???
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
    wow I got the email also today, I'm thinking of switching to Tmo, what is the fee to add a line and unlimited data to an existing plan???
    Depends on what type of plan you already have. I have a G1 on a prepaid plan. TMo gave me a Even More Plus 500 Min + unl txt + unl data for ~$62 per month including taxes. No $39 activation fee. I'm pretty sure the SIM was free.

500 min is the least # of minutes possible. With EMP, since it's no contract, if you talk on the phone a lot one month, you can bump up to 1000 or even unlimited and then go back down the next month. Salesguy indicated as long as you did it before the end of the billing period, you were ok. No charge to change.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Did all of you have the my ATT app installed? I got the txt the day after I installed it, my wife did not get any such message. she has an N1 and has not installed that ATT app. she also uses about 200mb a month...

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Did all of you have the my ATT app installed? I got the txt the day after I installed it, my wife did not get any such message. she has an N1 and has not installed that ATT app. she also uses about 200mb a month...
    I just got the famous free text this morning about it... I didn't have any sort of app installed... I think they might have gotten a list of IMEI's recently or something... so sad...

I just got the txt today as well. I really hope it wasn't because of the att app.

Quote Originally Posted by Airflare View Post
    I just got the txt today as well. I really hope it wasn't because of the att app.
    Pretty sure its not because of the app. Its probably either IMEI # or large amount (over their new 2gb limit) of data usage tipping them off to look at your account... same thing is happening to all the Att N1 users over at XDA forums as well...

Nothing for me as of yet.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/