Saving attachments

This is a discussion on Saving attachments within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; If someone sends me a picture on email how can I save that picture to the phone...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving attachments

Saving attachments

If someone sends me a picture on email how can I save that picture to the phone

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nexus does not easily allow this simple request, you would have to install an app for this.

ASTRO file manager is one that comes to mind, try that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Nexus does not easily allow this simple request, you would have to install an app for this.

I have got that app already but it wont help you to save mail attachments. When I get a picture from say my daughter via email I would like to save that to a folder in gallery named Family not downloads

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post

I have got that app already but it wont help you to save mail attachments. When I get a picture from say my daughter via email I would like to save that to a folder in gallery named Family not downloads
    On your computer create a folder and name it Family and transfer it to your SD card via USB. Then as you receive attached files on your phone, use Astro > Edit > Move to put them in your Family folder.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post

On your computer create a folder and name it Family and transfer it to your SD card via USB. Then as you receive attached files on your phone, use Astro > Edit > Move to put them in your Family folder.
    I'm right in saying that the gallery will not allow him to put 'Family Folder' in it?

Sorry but how do I get Astro to see the attachment in a email, also when I try and do that with a file that is already downloaded to my phone in the download file I can hit edit>Move but then I do not get the option to which folder I want to move it too........... Sorry I must be missing something here???

I'm right in saying that the gallery will not allow him to put 'Family Folder' in it?
    I have got the file name already I just want to move attached pictures that come via email into that folder

you can use the web version of the mail (i.e., for GMail, use your browser and go to mail.google.com instead of using the GMail app). In the browser, you can long press your attachment and there will be options to allow you to save the link. Then you will see the attachments downloaded to your phone and you can use ASTRO to move/rename the files downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by kongtian View Post
    you can use the web version of the mail (i.e., for GMail, use your browser and go to mail.google.com instead of using the GMail app). In the browser, you can long press your attachment and there will be options to allow you to save the link. Then you will see the attachments downloaded to your phone and you can use ASTRO to move/rename the files downloaded.
    I am still missing something here, as when I click move in astro nothing happens

in Astro, long press the file that you want to move. Then there will be pop up options and select Edit -> Move. After that, go to your destination folder, and press "Edit" button on the top, then in the pop up options, select "Paste". Now you are all done moving your file to a new folder. You can change the file name by long press the file -> Edit -> Rename.

Quote Originally Posted by kongtian View Post
    I am still missing something here, as when I click move in astro nothing happens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links