Privacy Issues with Nexus One

This is a discussion on Privacy Issues with Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Dude, Its a "GOOGLE" Phone, You have to purchase from the "GOOGLE" store. Get the Hint.....or Get a Different Phone and Get over yourself...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Privacy Issues with Nexus One

  1. #11
    Banned TerribleTe67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    31
    Dude, Its a "GOOGLE" Phone, You have to purchase from the "GOOGLE" store.


    Get the Hint.....or Get a Different Phone and Get over yourself

  2. #12
    Junior Member johnrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Suggestion: Try adjusting the tinfoil hat.
    Really? Tin foil hat jokes? I see. I guess I am just a bad machine.

  3. #13
    Senior Member gregornz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    114
    Speaking of privacy, someone hacked my gmail thanks to some dodgy app... not sure which one.

    I got logged out of my google account. Thankfully Googles security saved me and I got a message saying "there has been suspicious activity on your account" and I got an option to change my password.

    Dodgy eh!!!

  4. #14
    Member TBird1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by gregornz View Post
    Speaking of privacy, someone hacked my gmail thanks to some dodgy app... not sure which one.

    I got logged out of my google account. Thankfully Googles security saved me and I got a message saying "there has been suspicious activity on your account" and I got an option to change my password.

    Dodgy eh!!!
    Bet that puts Johnrocks mind at ease :-)

  5. #15
    trailmix
    Guest trailmix's Avatar

    I have 2 words for you

    Google Buzz

    Whether you wanted them to or not they imported your contacts into Buzz and allowed your friends to see/copy them, whose friends could then in turn see/copy them, and so on.

  6. #16
    Junior Member johnrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
    Google Buzz

    Whether you wanted them to or not they imported your contacts into Buzz and allowed your friends to see/copy them, whose friends could then in turn see/copy them, and so on.
    How dastardly. Is that true? I actually have not updated my google maps specifically because I did not want google buzz and I heard it was integrated into the new google maps app. Is that correct?

    I also turned off all syncing so I am under the impression that my contacts were not yet stolen. Am I wrong?

  7. #17
    Member koolbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    98
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I have a feeling that you are not THAT important for anyone to pay attention to your personal information. I do understand where you are coming from, but there are billions of people out there online exposing all kind of information. You only wish that you were important enough for someone to pay attentions to what you are doing online. Yeah, I wish I was that much important.

  8. #18
    Senior Member NeonMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    713
    THEORETICALLY, Google owns ALL of your personal information if you use this phone.

    You credit cards and bank accounts are saved in Google Checkout.

    If you use Gmail to forward all your email accounts, they have ALL of your emails.

    With GPS, they constantly have permanent pinpoint location of where you are.

    If you use twitter or Buzz, then they can pretty much know what you are doing every single second of the day.

    With calendar and Contacts sync, they have ALL of your numbers saved in Gmail contacts. If you integrate Facebook, they have ALL of your friends.

    GOOGLE = SKYNET.

    I don't mind big brother watching me. Makes me feel safe at night. :D Ahaha. The only thing that the phone doesn't have is my SSN. If you have a problem with privacy, maybe you shouldn't be using a device such as this?

    In all reality though, Google would have no reason to fraudulently use this info.... yet.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera


  9. #19
    Junior Member johnrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by koolbon View Post
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I have a feeling that you are not THAT important for anyone to pay attention to your personal information. I do understand where you are coming from, but there are billions of people out there online exposing all kind of information. You only wish that you were important enough for someone to pay attentions to what you are doing online. Yeah, I wish I was that much important.
    Ya know, I have asked simple questions on here relating to how Nexus One owners can protect their privacy. This is something that is important and relevant to all N1 owners not to mention gmail users in general and society as a whole. It is amazing the amount of judgement and criticism emanating from users such as yourself who choose to demonize the voice that is on your side though you are too naive to realize it.

    [EDIT BY RINTINTIGGER: PLEASE WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE! FLAMING AND PERSONAL INSULTS ARE NOT TOLERATED.CONSIDER THIS A LAST WARNING]

  10. #20
    Junior Member johnrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    If you have a problem with privacy, maybe you shouldn't be using a device such as this?

    In all reality though, Google would have no reason to fraudulently use this info.... yet.
    This is absurd. I should not be required to hand over personal "user" information to the manufacturer of a computer that I purchase. I am sure that no one would surrender all of this type of data to DELL just because they bought a laptop.

    On your second comment - are you kidding me? Google would have no reason to 'fraudulently' use this data? Your comment shows the err of your thinking. Google is in the business of building databases of information and everything they collect generates money for them. They can and do use this information how they see fit, and there is nothing fraudulent about it because users volunteer it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

google nexus 7 privacy issues
,
google nexus phone privacy concerns
,

google nexus privacy

,

google nexus privacy concerns

,

google nexus privacy issues

,
google nexux 7 privacy concerns
,
how to use nexus 7 privacy issues
,
issues with nexus border information
,

nexus 7 privacy concerns

,

nexus 7 privacy issues

,
nexus privacy
,

nexus privacy issues

,
privacy concerns with google nexus
,
privacy issues nexus google
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum