Gmail v Email

This is a discussion on Gmail v Email within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Gmail pushes emails so its quicker but I've noticed that there are some emails that display better in the Email app. For example, some images ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gmail v Email

Gmail v Email

Gmail pushes emails so its quicker but I've noticed that there are some emails that display better in the Email app. For example, some images or images with links will not open in Gmail but I'm able to open them with the Email app on the Nexus one. Is there a solution for this? Right now I have the same gmail account set up on both and switch between the two depending on if I'm able to view what was sent.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i mostly use the email app, i have a gmail, hotmail and yahoo account, all were set up easily and that way i dont get double notifications for my gmail account, untick the gmail snyc option in accounts.

MMmmm - thats intersting. I have been putting up with the issue of the Gmail app not displaying some in message images. Does the Email app really improve this ? Are there any other benefits of using the Email app ?

Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    i mostly use the email app, i have a gmail, hotmail and yahoo account, all were set up easily and that way i dont get double notifications for my gmail account, untick the gmail snyc option in accounts.
    good idea about the gmail. i never thought of doing that, right now i have manual sync, but im going to try this out and see the effect on battery life.

oh and i don't know if you guys are having this problem, but when i show pictures in my emails, its glitchy to scroll through it. like if i try to swipe sideways to get the whole picture, it move a little, then stop and start scrolling vertically weird..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    How do you get your yahoo mail to push? I thought you have to use Yahoo Plus to be able to enable this "Push" feature. It seems a lot of people used the K9 mail program from Android market to get regular Yahoo mail pushed to the phone but it doesn't do it that well...a lot of errors.
    Iphone seems to do this flawlessly but with the Nexus One it isn't so easly.
    So how did you set your accounts up? Thx

In App Email is about as simple an application as it’s possible to construct. The single “Send Email” button — which is disabled, for now — triggers the button Pressed message when pressed.

I have a hotmail and comcast account synced with mine, and they usually show up on my phone before they show up on my PC. It's almost instantaneous.

Only Yahoo mail can't be used with the factory e-mail app. You must have "Yahoo Plus" in order to do it. Ive tried many times and it just won't work like it does on iPhone with the standard Yahoo mail.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Only Yahoo mail can't be used with the factory e-mail app. You must have "Yahoo Plus" in order to do it. Ive tried many times and it just won't work like it does on iPhone with the standard Yahoo mail.
    I believe if you have TMobile, yahoo will push without having to get yahoo plus.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dg36 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    I believe if you have TMobile, yahoo will push without having to get yahoo plus.

Found out the way....can't through POP but can on IMAP...turn off WiFi and use your network to check mail. Gives an error for Username/Password if on WiFi. This way you don't have to spend that extra $20 USD for a plus account.

To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Nexus One:
    1. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
    2. Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
    3. Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
    4. Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
    5. For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
    6. For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
    7. Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
    8. Select how often your Nexus One will check for Email, and choose default options
    9. Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages
    10. That's it and your basic Yahoo account is ready to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links