Replying to incoming SMS

This is a discussion on Replying to incoming SMS within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I do not seem to find an easy way to respond to an incoming SMS, if I get it from a phone number which is ...

Thread: Replying to incoming SMS

Replying to incoming SMS

I do not seem to find an easy way to respond to an incoming SMS, if I get it from a phone number which is not in my contacts list. Pressing on the image holder icon next to the message only displays a menu to add the number to the contacts. Tapping on the message body takes me to a message composition screen, but the recipient is not displayed as the number from which it came. Instead, the recipient is displayed as one (seemingly random) person to whom I had last written an SMS. Please let me know if I am missing something here.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like you are txting someone that is not texting you back from there phone.

You can txt a cellphone and that person will see your number. But, If you txt their "online" number then the number is then routed through the web to their cellphone.
    This does sound a little confusing, you just to verify that you have the person's real cellplhone number.

Thanks for your response. However the problem is not related to initiating an SMS. I can certainly type in a phone number in the To box and send an SMS. The problem is only related to replying to an SMS that I got from someone who was not in my contacts list. Then the message displays their phone number, and I do not seem to find an easy way to get that phone number into the To field of an SMS reply that I try sending to them.

As of now, I tap the phone number next to the incoming SMS, choose create a new contact, and then from the phone number field of the new contact page, I select and copy the phone number as text. Then I paste that phone number text into the To field of a New Message, and send out the response.

I hope I have been able to explain the sequence clearly.

Thanks.

Can't you just tap the field at the bottom which says "type to compose" to reply?
    I never have to mess around with the "to" field when i'm replying, whether or not they r in my contact list or not.

EDIT: I just took another look, in fact I can't even edit the To field, are you using the default messaging app?

I just tried it again. It seems to work now, but over the last couple of days, it seemed to behave differently. Let me try this out a little more. Thanks for your help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links