so do we get to keep the apps we buy, forever?

This is a discussion on so do we get to keep the apps we buy, forever? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; let me explain this as least confusing as possible.... (ill try) if i buy an app from the market on my nexus one, i pay ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so do we get to keep the apps we buy, forever?

so do we get to keep the apps we buy, forever?

let me explain this as least confusing as possible.... (ill try)

if i buy an app from the market on my nexus one, i pay for it with my google checkout. do i get to keep that and re-download it for free forever?

like if i change phones later in life, or if i would need a replacement nexus one, what if i get an android phone in the future with a different carrier?

i just hate to pay for an expensive app, then have a crash, or move to a different phone and then have to re-pay for it. the way technology moves, we might all be using a nexus two in a few months....

i really dont care if i have to re-buy apps but i want to now purchase the PDANET app for $29 ,,, and that is a large chunk of change for ANY app.

so back to my question,, is there a list somewhere, does google checkout let me re-download for free? if someone knows about this, please comment.

maybe i should delete a $2.00 app completely then go re-buy it and see if i get charged again.....

thx
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

the only way you have to "re-pay" for a purchased app is if you uninstall it twice. like say i buy and app for $2.00 and then i uninstall it cuz i didnt like it... i can install it again later if i want, but i cant uninstall it again unless i want to pay for it again. get it? go ahead and delete one app that didnt cost much, then go to the market and click on the "downloads" tab there you will see everything youve downloaded, look for the app that you uninstalled and it should say purchased next to it. re-download it, but make sure you dont uninstall again or you will have to pay for it.

They follow you. I'm on my second Nexus. When I started up the new one, voila...there they were (the purchased apps)

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyNeXus1 View Post
    the only way you have to "re-pay" for a purchased app is if you uninstall it twice. like say i buy and app for $2.00 and then i uninstall it cuz i didnt like it... i can install it again later if i want, but i cant uninstall it again unless i want to pay for it again. get it? go ahead and delete one app that didnt cost much, then go to the market and click on the "downloads" tab there you will see everything youve downloaded, look for the app that you uninstalled and it should say purchased next to it. re-download it, but make sure you dont uninstall again or you will have to pay for it.
    so you make it sound like it stays on your "downloads" section of your market... but if you uninstall twice, it removes from your "download" page.

do you know if that "download" section in the market will follow you from handset to handset?
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    They follow you. I'm on my second Nexus. When I started up the new one, voila...there they were (the purchased apps)
    so with your new phone, you put your google acct info into the phone and they were there...

do you think it would work like that if you changed to a different handset, and even a different carrier. like completely cancel tmobile and sell your nexus one, then go buy the droid on verizon

Pay for an app...It's yours forever.

Uninstall it within 24 hours, you get a refund.

You can uninstall and reinstall any paid app after the 24hrs as much as you want.

You can reinstall on another Android device as long as your using the same gmail account to sync with.

Never seen this... Have a link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Never seen this... Have a link to it?
    i dont think he has any idea what he is talking about
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

I have own three Android phones and I am currently on the Nexus One. The apps that I purchased since my G1 are still accessible in the downloads section of the Market. I have reinstalled these paid apps over and over again and have never had to repay for any of them. To save space on my phone I just reinstall the app whenever I need it.

So the apps you pay for are yours forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrider View Post
    I have own three Android phones and I am currently on the Nexus One. The apps that I purchased since my G1 are still accessible in the downloads section of the Market. I have reinstalled these paid apps over and over again and have never had to repay for any of them. To save space on my phone I just reinstall the app whenever I need it.

So the apps you pay for are yours forever.
    thank you! this is such a clear and simple answer !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links