Any one still have issues with the touch screen?

This is a discussion on Any one still have issues with the touch screen? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Sometimes my touchscreen starts acting up. I try to press one icon and the one under it activates. I lock and unlock the phone to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any one still have issues with the touch screen?

Any one still have issues with the touch screen?

Sometimes my touchscreen starts acting up. I try to press one icon and the one under it activates. I lock and unlock the phone to fix it and that usually works. The OTA update kinda corrected it..meaning it doesn't happen as much. It's still annoying though. I know some of you had touch screen issues before; do you still have the issues after the update?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Must admit, mines not done it for a few days now. Can't actually remember if its happened since the update.

Edit: not that it was doing it often in the first place, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Sometimes my touchscreen starts acting up. I try to press one icon and the one under it activates. I lock and unlock the phone to fix it and that usually works. The OTA update kinda corrected it..meaning it doesn't happen as much. It's still annoying though. I know some of you had touch screen issues before; do you still have the issues after the update?
    I was having problems recently with Newsrob. I would go into the menu and it kept highlighting the item below the one I was pressing.

I reset and it didn't keep happening. Didn't think trying to do less invasive attempts to clear it up.

Still have a problem toward the bottom of the screen from time to time. Like going to text message and have problems pressing the input area.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I know that problem..its because the lower side of your hand(thats holding the phone) is touching the screen..simply hold your phone with your fingers that should solve the problem =)

Try using the touch screen in the morning in a dark room after turning it on. For some reason after it has sat not being used all night the touch screen does not respond when used in a dark room.

I have only had this problem once and it was confined to the apps screen. When I switched back to another app or the homescreen there was no problem. When I went back to the apps screen I couldn't select anything because because a different icon would be selected.

Locking and unlocking the screen did not cure it. I had to reboot.

The most embarrassing part was that I was demoing the phone to an iphone owner. He just smugly said, "Ah, you don't get that with the iphone"!

Humph.

Still, it's never happened since.

I've had the problem, a few times, but I don't believe it was caused by any app. More like it happend when I repeatedly pressed the back button rapidly 9-10 times, sort of a "system overload." So when the home screen finally appeared the icon below the one i touched would activate. Turned off/on fixed the problem.

Unfortunately a lot of users are complaining on the Google Android support forum (Touch Screen Problem - Hardware of Software Issue? - Android Help) so I really don't believe these are isolated cases.

i had this issue for a bit, and it seems that even in the black area of the screen where it seems there would be no touch sensors, the screen picks it up. so if i happen to have my finger slightly touching the edge of the screen and im trying to click something, then itll actually hit the midway point between the 2 fingers. never had this happen as long as i keep the fingers im not using off the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by hahalove View Post
    I know that problem..its because the lower side of your hand(thats holding the phone) is touching the screen..simply hold your phone with your fingers that should solve the problem =)
    Wish it was that simple. It usually happens when i'm browsing then it freaks out for a while. Also when i'm messaging, it sometimes freaks out again. Either its hit and miss with the keyboard, or its a haptic vibrate and the screen just rapidly scrolls to the bottem (browser and contacts). It fixes as soon as i lock and unlock.
    BTW it also happens when the phone in on the desk and I'm using only one hand...so it can't be the other hand is touching it theory.

This only happens a few times in a day so it's not as bad has the problem other people are having...but i'm still very happy with this phone. I just hope they have a fix for it soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links