Nexus One Which Provider Should i Choose?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Which Provider Should i Choose? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; im happy with the coverage tmobile has in miami, ive got 3g pretty much everywhere. I bought the unlocked phone + 59.99 no contract 500 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Which Provider Should i Choose?

im happy with the coverage tmobile has in miami, ive got 3g pretty much everywhere.

I bought the unlocked phone + 59.99 no contract 500 min, unlimited text + data...

using the magicjack+sipdroid hack to get unlimited talk minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantthenexus View Post
    i want this phone so bad. but i heard its only 179 for tmobile new users, and its 279 for existing users, is this true? and if it WHY THE HELL WOULD NEW CUSTOMERS GET A BIGGER DISCOUNT THAN PEOPLE WHO HAD TMOBILE FOR LIKE 2 YEARS ALREADY!!!!

They want the new accounts. Adds to the bottom line.

i want this phone so bad. but i heard its only 179 for tmobile new users, and its 279 for existing users, is this true? and if it WHY THE HELL WOULD NEW CUSTOMERS GET A BIGGER DISCOUNT THAN PEOPLE WHO HAD TMOBILE FOR LIKE 2 YEARS ALREADY!!!!
    because there is no incentive for them to pay to get you.. since they already have you... you are likely to stay a customer..

either way.. apart from not having to shell out the extra 300.. there is zero advantage to going with the 179.99 + 79.99 deal, its a bit of a ripoff in the long run to be honest

NrM
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    because there is no incentive for them to pay to get you.. since they already have you... you are likely to stay a customer..

either way.. apart from not having to shell out the extra 300.. there is zero advantage to going with the 179.99 + 79.99 deal, its a bit of a ripoff in the long run to be honest
    well when can we expect it to release on verizon?

Which Provider Should I Choose?

Depends on your area. I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile's Even More Plus 500 minutes + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Data. $60 a month which is much less than Verizon will be if/when they get Nexus support.

T-Mobile is adding coverage all the time. Check their map to see if your area is covered: click here

Quote Originally Posted by NrM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post

well when can we expect it to release on verizon?
    I know about as much as you ..

spring 2010 first day of spring this year is March 20 , last day of spring in the northern hem. 31 May

I say within 2 months youll be able to get one on verizon..

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Depends on your area. I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile's Even More Plus 500 minutes + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Data. $60 a month which is much less than Verizon will be if/when they get Nexus support.

T-Mobile is adding coverage all the time. Check their map to see if your area is covered: click here
    also they are the first to move to 21mpbs (i think)

T-Mobile starts 21Mbps HSPA+ rollout in Philadelphia, nationwide in 2010 -- Engadget Mobile

maybe ill be able to get the tmobile plan plus teh 179 for the phone if i tell them i want to cancel all my plans with them i currently have 2 phones with them for like 3 years.... id really like that 21mbps lol.... BUT im getting worried apple is going to come out with a new iphone or something new that will be better than this phone. anyone know anything about that?

First of all, get off the idea that the $179 price is a good one. Over the life of the 2 year plan you'll end up loosing money versus paying the full $530 and getting the cheaper plan, without a contract. There are threads on this - please look them up.

Second, yes - Apple will release a better phone than the N1 in the next 2 years. So will HTC. So will Joe-Shmo Company. I expect to own my N1 at least 18 months to make it worth the costs - and I expect to kick myself at least twice for not holding out. That's the nature of the beast.

Third, my second point is related to my first. If you want the next best phone, it will be easier to get it if you do not have a contract, and have already paid less than if you got it for the $179 price. This should happen between 10 and 14 months vs 24 of the contract.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    First of all, get off the idea that the $179 price is a good one. Over the life of the 2 year plan you'll end up loosing money versus paying the full $530 and getting the cheaper plan, without a contract. There are threads on this - please look them up.

Second, yes - Apple will release a better phone than the N1 in the next 2 years. So will HTC. So will Joe-Shmo Company. I expect to own my N1 at least 18 months to make it worth the costs - and I expect to kick myself at least twice for not holding out. That's the nature of the beast.

Third, my second point is related to my first. If you want the next best phone, it will be easier to get it if you do not have a contract, and have already paid less than if you got it for the $179 price. This should happen between 10 and 14 months vs 24 of the contract.
    that is true but i havent found any plan that is cheaper than tmobile and tmobile has 3g and the n1 doesnt support 3g on at&t. so im stuck with tmobile or i have to wait for verizon and i really dont want to wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links