Nexus One Which Provider Should i Choose?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Which Provider Should i Choose? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I really want to buy this phone, i currently have t mobile and my 2 year contract has ended. Im planning to buy the nexus ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Which Provider Should i Choose?

Nexus One Which Provider Should i Choose?

I really want to buy this phone, i currently have t mobile and my 2 year contract has ended. Im planning to buy the nexus one and get it for t mobile because it will only cost me like 180 bucks. Any advice on what provider has the best 3G coverage for the phone? i also read that at&t does not have 3g coverage for that phone. Here are the exact words. I want the provider that gives best plan/ best internet performance. Please help me out im really confused.

The Nexus One device is unlocked and will recognize SIM cards from any mobile service provider using the GSM standard. The Nexus One's antenna supports four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900) and three 3G/UMTS Bands - 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900). These cover most major GSM mobile providers worldwide, including T-Mobile US, but not the 850 MHz 3G band used by AT&T. The Nexus One phone will, however, deliver 2G/EDGE speeds on these networks, and of course supports WiFi as well. For questions about the bands supported by your mobile service provider, please contact your provider directly.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had it on ATT for a bit... Their edge was ok. At least I had consistent signal anywhere I went. TM is a bit sketchy where I'm at as far as signal goes, but when I have 3G I'm very pleased I switched. Plus I pay less too.
    Rooted Nexus One

Wait for Verizon if you can...If you want great coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I had it on ATT for a bit... Their edge was ok. At least I had consistent signal anywhere I went. TM is a bit sketchy where I'm at as far as signal goes, but when I have 3G I'm very pleased I switched. Plus I pay less too.
    what did you switch to?

TM = TMobile
    Rooted Nexus One

is ur internet pretty fast with Tmobile? is it good enough service to get it with the nexus?

i'm happy with T-Mobile!

I was on AT&T in the Portland OR area. The edge was certainly good.

Last weekend I "upgraded" to T-Mobile (ok, really I dropped my AT&T data plan and added T-Mobile Even More Plus 500 minutes + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Data)

T-Mobile is costing me about $20 more per month. That would drop by $10 if I dropped my AT&T plan completely. Of course, if we switched from the AT&T family plan to T-Mobile family plan, it would save about me about $100 per month. But T-Mobile's map where my daughter lives is really spotty. And my wife and daughter spend hours on the phone, so they really need to be on the same family plan.

I have noticed that my T-Mobile data is anywhere from 4x to 10x faster than it was on AT&T.

I did notice NO SERVICE once so far. This was in an area of Portland that also has very bad AT&T service.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by iwantthenexus View Post
    is ur internet pretty fast with Tmobile? is it good enough service to get it with the nexus?
    TM is a bit sketchy where I'm at as far as signal goes, but when I have 3G I'm very pleased I switched. Plus I pay less too.
    ^^^
    This.

To simplify it...When it works, it's far faster than ATT and I love it. When it doesn't work, I get tempted to live with constant EDGE on ATT.
    Rooted Nexus One

i want this phone so bad. but i heard its only 179 for tmobile new users, and its 279 for existing users, is this true? and if it WHY THE HELL WOULD NEW CUSTOMERS GET A BIGGER DISCOUNT THAN PEOPLE WHO HAD TMOBILE FOR LIKE 2 YEARS ALREADY!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links