what do i gain if i get access to root??

This is a discussion on what do i gain if i get access to root?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so what do i gain if i get access to root on a nexus one??? does it matter that purchase a unlock N1 from the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do i gain if i get access to root??

Question what do i gain if i get access to root??

so what do i gain if i get access to root on a nexus one???
    does it matter that purchase a unlock N1 from the factory??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

All N1's are unlocked.

Why do you want root?

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    All N1's are unlocked.

Why do you want root?

I just created an account to write this post.... You're a moderator here? Your answering this person thread by asking them another question? Actually, you're asking them the same question they are asking... Is there a purpose to y ou being here? Other than to probably delete this post?

This is the worst forum for Nexus one information I have come across. Please give up the domain name so it can be taken over by someone else who will actually help it's members.

Oh, and fix your nexus one android app. It it's the worst app i've downloaded yet. In order to go back to a previous page I have to exit the app and start over? WTF is that?
    :nexusx:

mmmmmm interesting where do you think is a good place to find my answer??

I am not an expert on rooting by any means. But from what I read there are no major advantages in rooting your nexus one at this point. Perhaps in the future when its more developed it will be more customizable when rooted. Before many were rooting them to get multi touch but mt came with the last software update so...

Quote Originally Posted by christian666 View Post
    mmmmmm interesting where do you think is a good place to find my answer??
    Rooting your Nexus One would not give you any major advantage as this phone is unlock and unbranded.

Normally when you get a phone through a carrier there is a major advantage to rooting as you can rid yourself of propriety branding and freedom to go onto any network etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sonok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    All N1's are unlocked.

Why do you want root?

I just created an account to write this post.... You're a moderator here? Your answering this person thread by asking them another question? Actually, you're asking them the same question they are asking... Is there a purpose to y ou being here? Other than to probably delete this post?

This is the worst forum for Nexus one information I have come across. Please give up the domain name so it can be taken over by someone else who will actually help it's members.

Oh, and fix your nexus one android app. It it's the worst app i've downloaded yet. In order to go back to a previous page I have to exit the app and start over? WTF is that?
    :nexusx:
    I ask because most people hear about it and want to do but don;t have a clue as to why they want to do it. It's not for everyone, Users root then jack up their phone and get mad due to the problems they created.

So if they can state why, they can be pointed in the right direction.

As for your other comments, Talk to the Admin.

I've been wondering the same thing. So far for me, the major advantage to rooting would be installing the app that allows you to turn your phone into a Wifi hotspot. (I haven't done the root just for this though because the PDA.net app seems to be good enough to tether via usb. Wifi would be awesome though to share with others.)

I've also seen a few apps in the store that require a root that I wanted to download, but couldn't. Outside of that, I haven't found many advantages for the Nexus One (other phones that aren't unlocked/don't have the most recent android because their carrier is dragging their feet releasing it, that's another story).
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. So far for me, the major advantage to rooting would be installing the app that allows you to turn your phone into a Wifi hotspot. (I haven't done the root just for this though because the PDA.net app seems to be good enough to tether via usb. Wifi would be awesome though to share with others.)

I've also seen a few apps in the store that require a root that I wanted to download, but couldn't. Outside of that, I haven't found many advantages for the Nexus One (other phones that aren't unlocked/don't have the most recent android because their carrier is dragging their feet releasing it, that's another story).

do you happen to know if theres a way getting around the pda.net fee for tether?? and does that includes a life time membership or do u have to buy it every time when you have a new update??

Quote Originally Posted by christian666 View Post
    do you happen to know if theres a way getting around the pda.net fee for tether?? and does that includes a life time membership or do u have to buy it every time when you have a new update??
    The fee (which is just a one time fee) allows you to connect to secure (https) sites after the 30 days. If you do not need that you can continue to use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links