what does "make default number" do?

This is a discussion on what does "make default number" do? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; in your address book, if you got more than one number for a person, if you LONG PRESS on one of their numbers, it gives ...

Thread: what does "make default number" do?

what does "make default number" do?

in your address book, if you got more than one number for a person, if you LONG PRESS on one of their numbers, it gives you the option of "make default number"

what does this do? if i do the "SPEAK NOW" microphone button on the google widget, and say "call brandon" it calls the number i dont want it to call.

i set "make default number" and it still calls the number i dont want it to

then i thought because in my address book i got 2 numbers,, i had his "other" number listed on the top.. so i deleted it, then added it again so it comes up second on the list.

now the main number i want to call is ON TOP and its MARKED AS DEFAULT, but it still dont call the number i want it to

any ideas?
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post
    in your address book, if you got more than one number for a person, if you LONG PRESS on one of their numbers, it gives you the option of "make default number"

what does this do? if i do the "SPEAK NOW" microphone button on the google widget, and say "call brandon" it calls the number i dont want it to call.

then i thought because in my address book i got 2 numbers,, i had his "other" number listed on the top.. so i deleted it, then added it again so it comes up second on the list.

now the main number i want to call is ON TOP and its MARKED AS DEFAULT, but it still dont call the number i want it to

any ideas?
    Is the number your trying to call listed as your contacts mobile?
    I found with some situation making your contacts primary number 'mobile' and not work or home normally fix that problem.

It may work for your situation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post

any ideas?
    Is the number your trying to call listed as your contacts mobile?
    I found with some situation making your contacts primary number 'mobile' and not work or home normally fix that problem.

It may work for your situation!!
    yes, its listed as "mobile"

and the other number i changed from "other" to "home" ,, i tried to change it to all combonations
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

When in your contact list you press the contacts icon/photo you'll get a quick list, i.e. phone, contact info, message, email, etc.... The default number will be linked to the phone icon.

Doesn't have anything to do with voice dialing, atleast to my knowledge.

Ads