T-Mos HSPA+ Upgrade to Hit the Coasts First

This is a discussion on T-Mos HSPA+ Upgrade to Hit the Coasts First within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; usually get btw 300 and 600 in the seattle area... get edge a lot of time but its usually above 100 which is fine for ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T-Mos HSPA+ Upgrade to Hit the Coasts First

usually get btw 300 and 600 in the seattle area... get edge a lot of time but its usually above 100 which is fine for light searches. 21mbps would be ridiculous but i would prefer if more areas get 3g because 7mbps is just fine.

i get 3g everywhere in nyc except my apt. i only get edge here. so with this switch, do you think it will fix my 3g issue? there is a known problem with my building that att and tmobile have bad service. i read it in some apartment forum when i was looking to move, dont ask me how or why, but i dont get 3g when at home

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    My phone says it's on HSDPA but here's what I get in Central NY...

D: 854 kbps
    U: 409 kbps

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    i get 3g everywhere in nyc except my apt. i only get edge here. so with this switch, do you think it will fix my 3g issue? there is a known problem with my building that att and tmobile have bad service. i read it in some apartment forum when i was looking to move, dont ask me how or why, but i dont get 3g when at home

I wish I knew. It seems to reason that they'd boost their 3G signal strength, along with the upgraded HSPDA speed, but I don't know officially.

I'm fairly lucky in this aspect, I think I've only seen the phone on the Edge network once since I bought it. I tend to stay in the city limits though. Country folk scare me.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

I would just like for them to expand their coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post

I wish I knew. It seems to reason that they'd boost their 3G signal strength, along with the upgraded HSPDA speed, but I don't know officially.

I'm fairly lucky in this aspect, I think I've only seen the phone on the Edge network once since I bought it. I tend to stay in the city limits though. Country folk scare me.
    cant get more city than me bud, i live in manhattan. i think it's the way these buildings were built, too much steel and concrete in these high rises

cant get more city than me bud, i live in manhattan. i think it's the way these buildings were built, too much steel and concrete in these high rises

Very true!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

he funny thing is t-mo reps are so oblivious....i talked to a lady a few weeks ago and asked her what my speeds should be she said 3g is anywhere between 300kbps to like 700kbps or something like that...then a few days later i talked to a tech guy he told me that this hspda 7.2 network is already rolled out troughout the US sooo i dont know who to believe anymore...anyway my speeds are between 300kbps and 900kbps...i too would be happy with anything over 1mbp. 7 is what i get on wifi from my cable connection....
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    he funny thing is t-mo reps are so oblivious....i talked to a lady a few weeks ago and asked her what my speeds should be she said 3g is anywhere between 300kbps to like 700kbps or something like that...then a few days later i talked to a tech guy he told me that this hspda 7.2 network is already rolled out troughout the US sooo i dont know who to believe anymore...anyway my speeds are between 300kbps and 900kbps...i too would be happy with anything over 1mbp. 7 is what i get on wifi from my cable connection....
    Sadly. 7mbps surpass what I get at home LOL!

The terms are very misleading, as usual with any broadband company. You will never get the full throughput of the signal, period. dot. Right now I have the "Comcast 10mbs cable" package, yet will only hit about 4mbs tops. I will never truly get 10mbs. Same thing with wireless data.
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links