T-Mos HSPA+ Upgrade to Hit the Coasts First

This is a discussion on T-Mos HSPA+ Upgrade to Hit the Coasts First within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i downloaded the free app from the market place called "speedtest.net" (i used it on my ipod touch for 2 years) my 3g tmobile speed ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T-Mos HSPA+ Upgrade to Hit the Coasts First

i downloaded the free app from the market place called "speedtest.net" (i used it on my ipod touch for 2 years)

my 3g tmobile speed NEVER comes down faster than .5 mb (half a megabyte)

no matter where i am,, i try it EVERYWHERE. its always less than half a mb. i was in a mall the other day with 2 tmobile keosks i wet to both and they had no idea why i get a slow 3g speed. in their defense,, they are simply there to SELL phones and not to troubleshoot

i live in milwaukee wisconsin
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Count your blessings everyone. At least you guys get 3G. I'm currently living in Pensacola, Fl. and thanks to our Air Force base we're stuck with Edge.
    It'll be a blessing when AT&T gets the Nexus One.

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post
    i downloaded the free app from the market place called "speedtest.net" (i used it on my ipod touch for 2 years)

no matter where i am,, i try it EVERYWHERE. its always less than half a mb. i was in a mall the other day with 2 tmobile keosks i wet to both and they had no idea why i get a slow 3g speed. in their defense,, they are simply there to SELL phones and not to troubleshoot

Just downloaded the app. Thanks
    Lets see:
    1st try
    DL: 1559 kbps
    UL: 407

2nd try
    DL: 787
    UL: 429

3rd try
    DL: 1206
    UL: 390

DL kina fluctuates. How accurate are these tests anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    ...then a few days later i talked to a tech guy he told me that this hspda 7.2 network is already rolled out troughout the US sooo i dont know who to believe anymore...
    According to some of the more detailed news articles, most of the equipment on the towers and in the radio shacks has been upgraded already. The thing that is lacking is the backbone of the network. It's still running at the slower speed.

So it's sort of like hooking a fire hose up to a water hose. You COULD get a lot of water out of the fire hose, but the water hose can only put a small amount of water into the fire hose. Once they get all of the hoses upgraded to fire hoses, we'll get lots of water (throughput).:nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

"3G"
    D 450
    U 750

Through my wifi I get 5000 down and 1000 up. Yea, I'll be leaving my USB charger plugged in and my WIFI connected while at home. Can't wait for 7.2 to really function so I can get at least 1000 down...

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post

Just downloaded the app. Thanks
    Lets see:
    1st try
    DL: 1559 kbps
    UL: 407

2nd try
    DL: 787
    UL: 429

3rd try
    DL: 1206
    UL: 390

DL kina fluctuates. How accurate are these tests anyways?
    That test is pretty much to give you a general idea, and is pretty much dependent on network latency and distance from the server. My speedtest results vary greatly on however far away the speedtest source is.. sometimes I get a server in Rochester, NY which is around 100 miles away, other times I get one from Washington DC and see my results get cut in half.

This is what I am getting when my phone is connected to my WIFI Network at home:

Down: 13582 kbps
    Up: 4404 kbps

I think that is fast as hell. Let me do another test real fast without the WiFi connected and see what kind of speeds T-Mobile is giving me.......

T-Mobile Results:

Down: 948 kbps
    Up: 419 kbps

Quote Originally Posted by idioteknQues View Post
    my speeds are very random. i can get over 1200 up and down one minute, then get 150 down and 400 up the next moment. i tend to lean towards the lower end though.

North Jersey here.
    Ouch... well it could be worse.. you could be in South Jersey .

I'm in Orlando (former new yorker).. I get around 800.. haven't gotten over 1mbit.

Quote Originally Posted by gnk2727 View Post
    This is what I am getting when my phone is connected to my WIFI Network at home:

Down: 13582 kbps
    Up: 4404 kbps

I think that is fast as hell. Let me do another test real fast without the WiFi connected and see what kind of speeds T-Mobile is giving me.......

T-Mobile Results:

Down: 948 kbps
    Up: 419 kbps
    Your lucky enough to get close to 1mbp!

Damn what kind of net do u have at home that u get 14kbps on wifi.. what do you get on your computer
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links