Question

This is a discussion on Question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Am wondering if our Nexus One will be able to tap on the internet connection from our laptop/computer when there is no wifi connection or ...

Thread: Question

Question

Am wondering if our Nexus One will be able to tap on the internet connection from our laptop/computer when there is no wifi connection or when we disable data roaming?

Reason me asking is that if i need to go overseas, how else can i use my Nexus One to go online?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kRaZy View Post
    Am wondering if our Nexus One will be able to tap on the internet connection from our laptop/computer when there is no wifi connection or when we disable data roaming?

Reason me asking is that if i need to go overseas, how else can i use my Nexus One to go online?

sounds like reverse tethering, PDA net will let you use the nexus to give your laptop a connection, but I don't think it works in reverse. Why would you even want to do so? If you have the net on your laptop why in the heck would you want to connect your phone and access the net through it when you can simply use the laptop???????

Quote Originally Posted by sifugazz View Post
    sounds like reverse tethering, PDA net will let you use the nexus to give your laptop a connection, but I don't think it works in reverse. Why would you even want to do so? If you have the net on your laptop why in the heck would you want to connect your phone and access the net through it when you can simply use the laptop???????
    Indeed you do have a point. However, some of the apps in the phone requires internet connection and is not available from the computer. For example, if I wish to go to the market to install some apps (of coz, I can always wait until I'm back home or till I have a wifi connection. but it does sort of defeat the real purpose of a web phone like Nexus One isn't it?). :P

I came from a Windows Mobile (HTC) user background. Was doing that using activesync. Just wondering if we can do the same on our Nexus one.

Otherwise, I'll just have to switch my preference and adopt to the new way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links