Careful: Anyone Seen This Company's Ad?

This is a discussion on Careful: Anyone Seen This Company's Ad? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; MANY CLASSIFIED ADS SELLING THE NEW NEXUS ONE FAR BELOW RETAIL PRICE. SEEMS REALLY FISHY. Wonder if Google knows about this? MEMWIRELESS is a recognized ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Careful: Anyone Seen This Company's Ad?

  1. #1
    Senior Member NexusNuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    145

    Cool Careful: Anyone Seen This Company's Ad?

    MANY CLASSIFIED ADS SELLING THE NEW NEXUS ONE FAR BELOW RETAIL PRICE. SEEMS REALLY FISHY.

    Wonder if Google knows about this?

    MEMWIRELESS is a recognized distributor of various consumer electronics.we are one of the leading mobile phone distributors.we are legitimate registered company.

    We specialize in a wide range of products such as laptops, mobile phones, plasma & lcd tv, mp3 & mp4 players, video games console, digital cameras, dvd players (Etc) at affordable prices.for more information regarding purchase.

    Please contact:
    Email : sales.mmw@gmail.com
    sales.mmw@hotmail.com

    We look forward in placing your Order with us
    and giving you the most competent services as we are using this
    Media to seek buyers of various electronics product we Stock.

    For information:
    Shipping Method: FedEx and UPS.
    Delivery time:24hours delivery to your door step.

    Our phones are sealed original factory packages complete with accessories,
    eg charger, extra battery and software c d. The phones have been free and
    never lock to any network, specification: (Europeans / USA-specifications)
    general network gsm 900/gsm 1800/gsm 1900 platform - tri band (GSM900 + 1800
    + 1900 MHz: country of manufactured origin: Finland, Hungary and Singapore.

    1. Complete accessories (Well packed and sealed in original company box)
    2nd Unlocked / sim free.
    3rd Brand new (original manufacturer) box - no copies
    4th All phones have English language as default
    5th All material (software, manual) - car chargers - home chargers - usb
    data cables -holsters/belt clips - wireless headsets (bluetooth)-leather and
    non-leather carrying cases - batteries.


    If you are interested, forward your questions and requests via e-mail us
    your order and shipping details. we give 1 year warranty for every product
    sold to our customers, our product are company class 1 tested and approved
    by global standard organization of wireless industry, new merchandise with
    complete accessories, extra charger and battery.

    HTC -GOOGLE-NEXUS-ONE

    PRICE $350USD

    Features & Detail Specifications

    General
    2G Network : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network : HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 900


    Memory
    Phonebook : Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
    Call records : Practically unlimited
    Internal ; 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM
    Card slot : microSD up to 32GB, 4GB included.

    Data
    GPRS : Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
    EDGE : Class 10, 236.8 kbps
    3G : HSDPA 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps
    WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g
    Bluetooth : Yes, v2.1 with A2DP
    USB : Yes, microUSB v2.0

    Camera
    Primary : 5 MP, 2560?1920 pixels, autofocus, LED flash

    Features
    Smile detection, geo-tagging
    Video : Yes, D1 (720x480 pixels)@min. 20fps
    Features OS : Android OS, v2.1
    CPU : Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 1 GHz processor

    Messaging
    SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
    Browser HTML

    Battery
    Standard battery, Li-Ion 1400 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 290 h (2G) / Up to 250 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 10 hours (2G) / Up to 7 hours (3G)
    Music play Up to 20 hours

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member NexusNuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    145

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    gmail and hotmail addys are a sure tipoff! LOL
    Yeah exactly

    They even advertise all the hot smarthones for super prices to prey on the weak...You can find their ads all over the net.....
    Like they spent all night entering ads in all online classifieds that are free.


    HTC -GOOGLE-NEXUS-ONE
    PRICE: $350USD

    Apple iPhone 3Gs
    32GB
    Price: $280USD

    BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700
    Price: $280 USD

    BlackBerry Strom 2 9550
    Price: $280 USD

    THEY CAN'T EVEN SPELL "STORM" RIGHT.

  4. #3
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    I'd suggest that it's bad form to post those types of ads here. We automatically, and instantly delete and ban such posts as a matter of course. If you see any here, please just report them to the mods, and we'll deal with it immediately.

  5. #4
    Junior Member sifugazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    24
    As for the last one that posted on this forum I emailed the guy and after was able to trace his IP to Nigera after he said he was of course from london. He only wanted payment via western union, and refused to send a serial. Not that I thought for a second he was legit, but its a good way to waste the scammers time.

    Rules to live by;

    1. If its too good to be true, it probably is.
    2. NEVER pay western union
    3. NEVER wire "back" money after depositing a "cashiers check" in any circumstance.
    4. NEVER deal with anyone from Nigeria online
    5. Only buy from a reputable online source such as amazon.com, newegg, etc...

  6. #5
    Senior Member NexusNuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    145

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I'd suggest that it's bad form to post those types of ads here. We automatically, and instantly delete and ban such posts as a matter of course. If you see any here, please just report them to the mods, and we'll deal with it immediately.
    Are you talking about me? This was to warn our fellow Nexus One members about people like this posting so no one would get scammed.
    This was not a AD POST if you are implying.

  7. #6
    Android Jr Member Backnblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I'd suggest that it's bad form to post those types of ads here. We automatically, and instantly delete and ban such posts as a matter of course. If you see any here, please just report them to the mods, and we'll deal with it immediately.
    Are you talking about me? This was to warn our fellow Nexus One members about people like this posting so no one would get scammed.
    This was not a AD POST if you are implying.
    I am sure WERA did not mean to imply that YOU were posting the ad....

    But I will say that you almost got permabanned with an ip block by Me, But I did read your post first.

    On posts like that We tend to Shoot First

  8. #7
    Senior Member NexusNuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    145

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by sifugazz View Post
    As for the last one that posted on this forum I emailed the guy and after was able to trace his IP to Nigera after he said he was of course from london. He only wanted payment via western union, and refused to send a serial. Not that I thought for a second he was legit, but its a good way to waste the scammers time.

    Rules to live by;

    1. If its too good to be true, it probably is.
    2. NEVER pay western union
    3. NEVER wire "back" money after depositing a "cashiers check" in any circumstance.
    4. NEVER deal with anyone from Nigeria online
    5. Only buy from a reputable online source such as amazon.com, newegg, etc...
    These guys from Nigeria must think they are so smart. Yeah I'm gonna just wire you some money and cross my fingers that you might be legit. They must not have any thing else to do there but to try to scam people on the net.
    If the authorities know they do this all the time why don't they find them and shut these guys down. Unbelievable! Must give all the legitimate Nigerians a bad name.

  9. #8
    Senior Member NexusNuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    145

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I'd suggest that it's bad form to post those types of ads here. We automatically, and instantly delete and ban such posts as a matter of course. If you see any here, please just report them to the mods, and we'll deal with it immediately.
    Are you talking about me? This was to warn our fellow Nexus One members about people like this posting so no one would get scammed.
    This was not a AD POST if you are implying.
    I am sure WERA did not mean to imply that YOU were posting the ad....

    But I will say that you almost got permabanned with an ip block by Me, But I did read your post first.

    On posts like that We tend to Shoot First


    Yeah a lot of Nigerians know about ice hockey and have a Canucks photo as their display pic.
    Man you can't even be a good samaritan these days without people jumping to conclusions....
    Don't shoot the messenger...........

  10. #9
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post

    Are you talking about me? This was to warn our fellow Nexus One members about people like this posting so no one would get scammed.
    This was not a AD POST if you are implying.
    I am sure WERA did not mean to imply that YOU were posting the ad....

    But I will say that you almost got permabanned with an ip block by Me, But I did read your post first.

    On posts like that We tend to Shoot First


    Yeah a lot of Nigerians know about ice hockey and have a Canucks photo as their display pic.
    Man you can't even be a good samaritan these days without people jumping to conclusions....
    Don't shoot the messenger...........
    Relax, Nuckie...we DID read your post first. Please understand that we, as mods, are pretty much conditioned to permaban anything we see in the format of what you posted. We do that for the protection of the site and our members. We did not mean to suggest that you were posting such spam; only suggesting that you could have made the PSA without copying the spam posts.

    Hope you understand now....

  11. #10
    Senior Member NexusNuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    145

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

    I am sure WERA did not mean to imply that YOU were posting the ad....

    But I will say that you almost got permabanned with an ip block by Me, But I did read your post first.

    On posts like that We tend to Shoot First


    Yeah a lot of Nigerians know about ice hockey and have a Canucks photo as their display pic.
    Man you can't even be a good samaritan these days without people jumping to conclusions....
    Don't shoot the messenger...........
    Relax, Nuckie...we DID read your post first. Please understand that we, as mods, are pretty much conditioned to permaban anything we see in the format of what you posted. We do that for the protection of the site and our members. We did not mean to suggest that you were posting such spam; only suggesting that you could have made the PSA without copying the spam posts.

    Hope you understand now....

    Understood....No problem. Just wanted our Nexus One buddies here to be aware of these false advertisments. Thanks for the tip WERA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum