how do you tell if your downloaded app is a security risk?

This is a discussion on how do you tell if your downloaded app is a security risk? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've just downloaded an app that synchs with gpokgle docs but it asks for my username and password which I'd expect it would need but ...

Thread: how do you tell if your downloaded app is a security risk?

how do you tell if your downloaded app is a security risk?

I've just downloaded an app that synchs with gpokgle docs but it asks for my username and password which I'd expect it would need but how can I be sure it is safe? Am still very new to nexus one and its software. The app is called easy notenote

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by fatfei View Post
    I've just downloaded an app that synchs with gpokgle docs but it asks for my username and password which I'd expect it would need but how can I be sure it is safe? Am still very new to nexus one and its software. The app is called easy notenote
    Try to always download your apps from the apps market, this is safer however not 100% full proof (my 2c) as nothing software related is.

Also unless you haven't rooted or checked 'unknown sources' in your application settings, then you will minimize installing suspect apps.

....Any program asking for password / user name other than my original account, I would do some research before I give those details.

download the lookout app from the market. It scans every app you download for viruses.

Cheers. I'll do that thanks.

i had my gmail tampered with, I pretty sure it was because of putting my details into a android app...

Be careful!

Thanks for the advice

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links