Does the N1 need anti-virus?

This is a discussion on Does the N1 need anti-virus? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've just had to restore all factory settings after my N1 got a virus. Even with lookout antivirus....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the N1 need anti-virus?

I've just had to restore all factory settings after my N1 got a virus. Even with lookout antivirus.

Quote Originally Posted by mimzi View Post
    I've just had to restore all factory settings after my N1 got a virus. Even with lookout antivirus.

How did you know? Did you run lookout to detect it? Have you been loading apps from non-market locations?

all my contacts/messages were deleted plus my sd card was corrupted. i only downloaded from andriod market. now i want to fully reroot my phone but dont know how

i had an N1 too but lost it. anyways i did not have an antivirus on the smartphone. i got one for my computer, a good one, and downloaded all the applications first on the PC and after a scan i transferred them to my phone. it worked. try KIS 7. i think that it has a support for smartphones too.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    There was a story about a fictitious app that grabbed stored info like user names and passwords and try to obtain bank account info. But not sure how old that story was. Wasn't necessary a virus though. They been having AV apps since Nokia days and never heard of viruses then.
    Androidfied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links