App update notification??

This is a discussion on App update notification?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Before, when an app had an update available, i would get a application update icon in my notification bar. Now, i randomly lookup my downloaded ...

Thread: App update notification??

App update notification??

Before, when an app had an update available, i would get a application update icon in my notification bar. Now, i randomly lookup my downloaded apps and see that there are updates available...but never received a notification. I haven't received a notification in weeks but have already had several updates. Is there a way i can check or uncheck app update notifications?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hmmm, I get the notifications when updates are available for apps. Maybe you have notifications turned off?

Does your notification work when you receive a text, email...?

Go to Android Market app. Go to Downloads. Press Menu. Press Notifications. Press Notify me when items are updated.

Send me $0.99 :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Before, when an app had an update available, i would get a application update icon in my notification bar. Now, i randomly lookup my downloaded apps and see that there are updates available...but never received a notification. I haven't received a notification in weeks but have already had several updates. Is there a way i can check or uncheck app update notifications?
    iPhoneslayer,

Did you resolve the issue? I'm having the same problem and have to manually go into the market and see that i have a ton of updates that need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by FastMhz View Post
    iPhoneslayer,

Did you resolve the issue? I'm having the same problem and have to manually go into the market and see that i have a ton of updates that need to be done.
    Yah, I still have this issue. It's weird. There's a T-Mobile app update that I don't want to update under downloads...when I download any other app, I then get an app notification icon...but's it for that t-mobile app. I do have notification checked. I check the market a few times a day for update...and a lot of times there are updates...but no notification.
    Not a big problem though.

iPhoneslayer,

Yah, I still have this issue. It's weird. There's a T-Mobile app update that I don't want to update under downloads...when I download any other app, I then get an app notification icon...but's it for that t-mobile app. I do have notification checked. I check the market a few times a day for update...and a lot of times there are updates...but no notification.
    Thanks for the reply. I remember it worked once but after that. No dice. Probably needs another OTA update.

iPhoneslayer,

Thanks for the reply. I remember it worked once but after that. No dice. Probably needs another OTA update.
    Yah, hopefully the next OTA will fix it.

I've always had this issues. I only get the app update notification like 10% of the time. All other notifications like for messaging and e mails work though.

Same problem here.
    I started to have this problem after the last update to FRG83D.
    I go into the Matket > downloads - and then I can first see that I have some updates.
    You could try a factory data reset, but I am not happy to do that.
    It will take me toooo long to get things back to the way they were again.

You can also try the below:
    - Make sure your Internet connectivity is good.
    - Try logging in to Google Talk and then attempt to download your apps.
    - Clear the data and cache from the Market app.
    - Make sure there is enough space on your phone to download the app.
    - Reboot your phone.
    - If the above steps, doesn't work, please perform factory data reset on
    your phone.

You can also try the below:
    Settings - apps - manage apps - All - Market - and then > Uninstall updates.
    This should bring you back to a lower Market version and that might bring things back to normal.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links