Nexus One activation time?

This is a discussion on Nexus One activation time? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey everyone. I just got my Nexus One in the mail today and so far it's 10x better than my iPhone 3GS was. However, I ...

Thread: Nexus One activation time?

Nexus One activation time?

Hey everyone. I just got my Nexus One in the mail today and so far it's 10x better than my iPhone 3GS was.

However, I am still having activation issues. Google could not activate my phone and told me to call T-Mobile to have them activate the phone and port my old number from my iPhone 3GS on AT&T. The guy on the phone said it should be ported "shortly" and told me that for the next 24 hours both my iPhone and my Nexus One will simultaneously ring when I get a phone call or text.

However, It has now been 4 hours and my Nexus One still will not receive calls, voicemails or texts. E-mails come through just fine via WiFi.

Am I just being impatient or is there a problem?

Also, the T-Mobile rep talked me into getting the insurance for $6/month because he said it covered theft, losing the phone, and physical damage. I've never had insurance on a phone before. Anyone have experience with T-Mobile's insurance? Is it worth the price?

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mine took almost 48hours to get activated..

Does turning it on and off help?

This weekend when I setup a T-Mobile account, the guy said it would take 2-?? hours for the data plan to start. I walked out of the store, sat in the car changing my AT&T settings to T-Mobile and it started worked. Took maybe 10 minutes. :nexusx: Maybe less, I had set it up to prefer AT&T towers and to only connect with 2G, changed that and everything started working.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links