Should I Keep My Nexus One or My 3Gs?

This is a discussion on Should I Keep My Nexus One or My 3Gs? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Theres something called noise canceling headphones.. a decent pair would set u back, but come with rechargeable battery that last longer than your nexus 10 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I Keep My Nexus One or My 3Gs?

BrY

Exclamation Noise canceling much?

Theres something called noise canceling headphones.. a decent pair would set u back, but come with rechargeable battery that last longer than your nexus 10 times. I have a pair of Bose QC3 they go for about $300 but thats what free hookups are for..

Quote Originally Posted by just999in View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    N1 with earphones is loud. Lets not lie to ourselves. Only the speaker is pathetic. Especially how its at the back of the phone, which makes the sound output even worse.
    No, I'm not lying to anybody. I tried the N1 and iPhone 3gs side by side, using the same headphones, and the iPhone was much louder at maximum level.

In normal situations, this doesn't matter, but when I'm on the train, or at the noisy gym I can't hear a podcast on my N1 whereas it was never a problem with my 3gs.

I still like Android and most other features of the N1 better than the iphone. However, Crappy Sound quality, mediocre photo quality and less responsive keyboard or significant drawbacks to the N1.

The question is, are these drawbacks enough for me to keep my iPhone?

I'm still in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by shannow View Post
    By the way for the op I did read somewhere that the ipod eardbuds with the controls does work on the nexus . Not sure about it but I did read it on some android forums .
    Only the earphone part of the iphone earbuds work. The mic, play/pause, and volume control don't work

Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    after getting two phones I returned the nexus one to HTC and kept my iPhone 3GS. I can tell you what iPhone does better - makes way better video, takes better pictures when darker, has way better voice commands, has much better sound (some one mentioned Nokia N95 8GB and it has better sound than both phones). 3GS has more responsive touchscreen (Nexus One has better display colors though). 3GS has better battery life (saves its battery better when you don't use the phone. I don't know if some one has noticed, but when the iPhone is in standby mode it turns off the wifi, and when you unlock the phone it turns it on), the iPhone OS has much better apps - just compare facebook and skype for iPhone and Android. I didn't go to school twice because the Nexus One's battery died after 7 hours at night (it was almost full before going to bed). This can't happen when you use the iPhone. iPhone 3GS is more reliable and more stable at this moment.
    I actually dispute your battery life claim. My Nexus One battery charge lasts at least as long as my iPhone 3gs'. The key is to turn off wifi and 3g when you're not using it.

Even if the battery doesn't last as long on the N1, you can carry 2 or 3 batteries with you. With Apple, you are stuck with just one non-removable battery.

Here's why I hate iphones:

Last night I tried to sync some music I have on my Mac. It didn't work.
    Since I initially sync'd the iphone with a different computer, this time I need to erase every single song on it in order to sync it with a different computer.

The original computer had a HDD problem and had to be replaced. I therefore have no more access to the iTunes which the iPhone recognizes as the original one.

Now, photos won't sync either for the same particular reason.

And the cherry on top is that using bluetooth to download files (photos and songs) from the iPhone to the Mac will not work. They pair up but will not connect to each other.

I now completely understand why some people shoot their iPhones. Just search youtube for it.

thanks for all the infos I went and ordered the N1 .

For the battery next week this comes out for about65$ it's 2800mah (2x the original ) . From the description it adds 6mm to the phone .

Innocell 2800mAh Extended Life Battery

please tell me to remove this link if it is against any policy on this forum

Well, despite the issues i have with the N1 sound quality and inadequate (for me) volume levels, I've decided to keep the Nexus One and get rid of my iphone 3gs. I just sold the iphone to a shop today for about $575.

I can resolve the low sound issue, by spending yet more money on a Jabra BT3030 bluetooth remote and in-ear sound isolating headphones. Between that expense, and buying the N1 in Asia where I paid 25% more, this was an expensive upgrade. Hope it turns out to be the right choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links