Nexus One 3G problems persist after update -- is it a design problem?

This is a discussion on Nexus One 3G problems persist after update -- is it a design problem? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NexusDro For the tmobile users who experience problematic 3G, how long have you had your SIM cards for? Do you think a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One 3G problems persist after update -- is it a design problem?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    For the tmobile users who experience problematic 3G, how long have you had your SIM cards for? Do you think a new SIM card will fix the problem somewhat? It's just a hypothesis.
    I've had my SIM card for over 8-9 years...lol it actually says Voicestream on it. I don't have any 3G issues. Sometimes my phone switches to Edge at home in some spots but everywhere else its fine.
    Only issue i have is sometimes my touchscreen acts up. But after i removed the battery, sd card and sim card and put it back together, it was ok. The touchscreen only freeked out once after that as opposed to 3 times a day.
    One other problem (minor) is whenever there is an update for an app, I don't get a notification. I checked to see if notifications was on in the Android maket settings and it was. So i don't know whats wrong with that.

For the tmobile users who experience problematic 3G, how long have you had your SIM cards for? Do you think a new SIM card will fix the problem somewhat? It's just a hypothesis.
    6 days. I switch over from ATT last saturday.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I've had my SIM card for over 8-9 years...lol it actually says Voicestream on it. I don't have any 3G issues. Sometimes my phone switches to Edge at home in some spots but everywhere else its fine.
    Only issue i have is sometimes my touchscreen acts up. But after i removed the battery, sd card and sim card and put it back together, it was ok. The touchscreen only freeked out once after that as opposed to 3 times a day.
    One other problem (minor) is whenever there is an update for an app, I don't get a notification. I checked to see if notifications was on in the Android maket settings and it was. So i don't know whats wrong with that.
    they had a 3g SIM card 8-9 years ago? Interesting.

As for the Android Market, I got the same problem too. It's a known problem for the Android OS, not just the Nexus One, i think.

Do you have "Background data" and "Auto-sync" enabled. I like to manually sync so I turned those two off and noticed a few days ago I had app updates. Started to wonder why I didn't get a notice.... then remembered the market is an app and if it doesn't sync the phone doesn't know. That's my guess....

they had a 3g SIM card 8-9 years ago? Interesting.

As for the Android Market, I got the same problem too. It's a known problem for the Android OS, not just the Nexus One, i think.
    I first signed up with Voicestream when I graduated college in 2001. I got a Nokia 3390 (that things was almost undisdructable) which came w/ a sim card. Then about 3 years ago I got a Motorola Razr and used the same sim card. After my razr died, I got the N1 and used the same sim card.
    I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one with the Anroid Market problem

I changed to a new sim card when i got my N1...didn't seem to help. This is disturbing news...Makes me want to sell the N1 and get the HD2 when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by dg36 View Post
    Do you have "Background data" and "Auto-sync" enabled. I like to manually sync so I turned those two off and noticed a few days ago I had app updates. Started to wonder why I didn't get a notice.... then remembered the market is an app and if it doesn't sync the phone doesn't know. That's my guess....
    Yep, both are on. It used to work before but not anymore. Maybe I downloaded an app my phone didn't like and now it's mad at me.

Quote Originally Posted by cj2185 View Post
    I changed to a new sim card when i got my N1...didn't seem to help. This is disturbing news...Makes me want to sell the N1 and get the HD2 when it comes out.
    Do you have an older SIM card you can try?

Everyone that's having 3G issues...how old or new is your sim card? Maybe new sim cards have issues. Mine is really old and I don't have any 3G issues.

I've got the 3G issue with my 2 day old phone in areas that show "best area" on the data map. I'll be going to get a new sim card either tonight or tomorrow to try out. My current sim is only about 3 years old I think, but it was before they rolled out the 3G network.

No problems on 3g here in the Boston area. My sim card is about 5 years old, BTW. This phone is awesome. The only issue I have had is having the text misaligned with the icons. Great phone!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links