Nexus One 3G problems persist after update -- is it a design problem?

This is a discussion on Nexus One 3G problems persist after update -- is it a design problem? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've got a 8-9 year old sim card, too (also says voicestream), and I have no 3G whatsoever, despite being in a great 3G area. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nexus One 3G problems persist after update -- is it a design problem?

I've got a 8-9 year old sim card, too (also says voicestream), and I have no 3G whatsoever, despite being in a great 3G area. I've tried another sim card and still land on edge. I don't bounce between the two, just sit on edge. I've been doing the tech support shuffle, but will probably end up in a swap situation.

i guess i have the exact same problem as the person on the youtube video. although it takes little bit longer for it to drop to EDGE. anybody here knows what the option is to fix this? because if that OTA update is the only response to the 3g/edge issue, i'm a little disappointed.

UPDATE: so just a few minutes ago i tested my phone out just like the video did OUTSIDE. i was waiting for my food to come out and was fiddling with my phone for couple minutes. the phone didn't have any 3g problems at this spot. It seems that this issue is not 100% on hardwares end; If you are at spots where the signal strength is strong enough, the issue is not longer there. When i covered my phone (i even used both of my hands to cover the bottom/back of the phone as much as i physically could) it hardly dropped down 1 bar from full. It was almost constantly at full bars. If this is the case, i don't think it's thaaaat big of a issue.

Although this could also mean that i'm just one of the lucky SOB. Anybody else tried this test out at different spots with different signal strengths?

I read this about 3g problem fix

Not written by me. You can get the whole write up here....

Nexus One LYN Official Review & Testing

3G and Wifi connectivity
    This is one of the features you guys have been waiting for me to write about.

I don't know who was complaining about the 3G, but here is my own experience..I went into the internet settings, there were no APNs setup for Maxis (expected). I made a new APN, defined the fields as I remembered them (I am used to setting up Maxis 3G APNs so I actually memorize all the fields)..Without having to redo this, I was already connected to the 3G connection in not more than 7 minutes. Then I said, this couldn't be just it. I have to find the flaw. I visited this forum (as recorded in YouTube) and you can judge it yourself already. I was connected for about 30 minutes. Browsed my emails, surfed some pages, checked facebook, wasted time on the browser and I had no connection timeout AT ALL! So much that my battery warned about having another 15 minutes. As for the Wifi, I don't want to talk about home Wifi..I tested PUBLIC Wifi! And it was also seemless! To be honest, I really didnt face any browsing issues AT ALL! Even on multiple open windows..I do agree that flash sites will load slower compared to static sites..As you can see in the video, LYN site was taking hardly 3 - 5 seconds to transit to the next page

Does it mean anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links