Sync pictures with Picasa

This is a discussion on Sync pictures with Picasa within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there a sync setting that would automatically keep my internal camera photos synced with Picasa? It seems like a logical thing for Google to ...

Thread: Sync pictures with Picasa

Sync pictures with Picasa

Is there a sync setting that would automatically keep my internal camera photos synced with Picasa? It seems like a logical thing for Google to do.
    I know you can send them by "sharing" them, but a sync like Lookout would be nice.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Under Settings/Accounts & Sync/Manage accounts there is an option for Picasa. I also have Auto-sync enabled. With these settings, my camera pictures and Picasa account update automatically.

My web albums are all synced onto my phone, but I want to have all my in camera pictures also synced to my web albums for back-up reasons.
    Is it supposed to do that also? It is not doing that for me now.

I use to have all my pics from Picasa synced with my phone.. but then i found out that if you in a area that has bad reception it takes forever for the pic to really come clear (since it is accessing the pic from picasa). SO I just got a 16g card and have them all on my phone itself.. I knot that syncing the pics helps saves space if your using a smaller micro sd card but the cards are semi cheap if you catch them on sale.

And yes when you have alot of pics that you just put on the camera it takes a while for the phone to thumbnail them all (when I put my pics on my phone..1142..took a few mins for it to thumbnail all of them).

Now having a automatic might be nice.. but I like to do mine manually. Very easy to do actually. If you want the whole folder to upload to Picasa.. just go Camera and long hold the filder you want, which then a checkmark will appear on the one your long hold press (If you want other folder also to upload just press on them and a checkmark will appear too). Then press share on the bottom right hand corner and Picasa should come up.. press that and type in what you need and tada it will go into whatever folder you tell it to go in Picasa. Same thing can be done if you want different individual pics to upload to whichever Picasa folder you want.

Here is mine http://picasaweb.google.com/home When I upload Pic(s) I just tell them which folder I want them to upload to. If i dont tell it then it will go into a folder called dropbox or buzz mobile if I google buzz and add a pic.

I think that Picasa is much simpler than Flikr. BUT I would like to see a section that you can upload vids to Picasa.. but then I guess thats what Youtube is for.

Yeah this would be a very nice addition. I was just thinking about that earlier. It doesn't make sense that it doesn't sync given the nature of the phone.

Also another minor annoyance is when you upload them to picasa manually, it doesn't upload the geo location data.

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    Yeah this would be a very nice addition. I was just thinking about that earlier. It doesn't make sense that it doesn't sync given the nature of the phone.

Also another minor annoyance is when you upload them to picasa manually, it doesn't upload the geo location data.
    There's a setting for that in picasaweb somewhere!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links