Security Thread

This is a discussion on Security Thread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Backnblack Originally Posted by disbj4ke I use Lookout from the market as an anti-virus. Dont know if it is really necessary but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Security Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by disbj4ke View Post
    I use Lookout from the market as an anti-virus. Dont know if it is really necessary but its free so why not.

AV is not needed on Android. There has not been any viruses for the platform.

What about when you surf the web? Can't you catch a virus from there? Can't you also get viruses from text messages and also from opening email attachments?

I use lookout as my anti virus. And I use wavesecure to track my phone, lock my phone, back up & wipe my phone incase I lose it.

Also if you donwload wavesecure by March 31st you will enjoy lifetime membership for free. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by disbj4ke View Post
    I use Lookout from the market as an anti-virus. Dont know if it is really necessary but its free so why not.

What about when you surf the web? Can't you catch a virus from there? Can't you also get viruses from text messages and also from opening email attachments?
    As Backnblack mentioned, AV is not needed at the moment of the Android platform as this is based on the Linux's platform.

AV as always been a necessity because of the windows platform and nothing else.

The best thing needed for the Nexus / Android type phones is a software which will give you the location of your phone if lost / stolen...Preferably one that would need a password to uninstall (deterrent for thieves).

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    I use lookout as my anti virus. And I use wavesecure to track my phone, lock my phone, back up & wipe my phone incase I lose it.

Also if you donwload wavesecure by March 31st you will enjoy lifetime membership for free. So why not?
    Thanks. Will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post

As Backnblack mentioned, AV is not needed at the moment of the Android platform as this is based on the Linux's platform.

AV as always been a necessity because of the windows platform and nothing else.

The best thing needed for the Nexus / Android type phones is a software which will give you the location of your phone if lost / stolen...Preferably one that would need a password to uninstall (deterrent for thieves).
    Good to know. But you said at the moment. Why at the moment?

At the moment 'Windows' is the number OS in the world, the moment other OS like Android, Linux etc really explode, it will only be a matter of time before the 'virus makers' start to turn their attention to other OS...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    At the moment 'Windows' is the number OS in the world, the moment other OS like Android, Linux etc really explode, it will only be a matter of time before the 'virus makers' start to turn their attention to other OS...
    Excellent. Thanks.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I use Mobile Defense in order to recover my phone should it ever get lost. It can track the phone, remotely lock it, send a loud alarm, etc. Their Website is https://www.mobiledefense.com which explains it better than I can, and the download from the market is free.

Is it usable worldwide or just in certain countries?

Well i guess if anti-virus isnt needed i will drop Lookout for wavesecure. ty for the info

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I use Mobile Defense in order to recover my phone should it ever get lost. It can track the phone, remotely lock it, send a loud alarm, etc. Their Website is https://www.mobiledefense.com which explains it better than I can, and the download from the market is free.

Is it usable worldwide or just in certain countries?
    I haven't seen anything that states it is for US only, but you can check out the Website to be sure. It does locate your phone by showing you a Google map type location from your Web account. It found my phone right to the exact address when I was at my sisters and demoed it for her. We also tested out what happened if she replaced my SIM with hers, and it really did send me an email the SIM was changed and the information from her SIM, I suppose so it could be tracked that way. I thought that was pretty amazing, especially for a FREE product. I haven't tried the other choices mentioned here, mainly because this one appears to work exactly as advertised. They also have a forum full of comments from users who have recovered their phones using Mobile Defense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links