Question about buying/giving to someone else

This is a discussion on Question about buying/giving to someone else within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am currently a t-mobile customer and for a while I was leaning toward the iphone because of the hype and how I wanted to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about buying/giving to someone else

Question about buying/giving to someone else

I am currently a t-mobile customer and for a while I was leaning toward the iphone because of the hype and how I wanted to upgrade to a smart phone that can allow me to do more than just text and call others. But because I would have had to switch to ATT and with my bad credit, I would have had to put a $500 deposit down for the iphone, it rubbed me the wrong way.

But as the Nexus One came out, it really intrigued me and I am a couple days away from ordering the phone as soon as I get some funds straightened out.

Here's my situation/question:

I am not due for an upgrade for another two months, but luckily my girlfriend is eligible so I will give her the money to purchase the phone with the $150 discount. Will there be an issue with putting my sim card into the phone and switching to my number since its her account? I know with the iphone, you have to beam the number so its impossible to get your number if someone else buys it for you. I just want to make sure I will be able to switch the N1 to my account from hers before I spend the money on it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should be able to drop in the Sim and roll with it.

Best feature of Sim's IMHO.

It's a SIM free phone, whatever you put in it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    You should be able to drop in the Sim and roll with it.

Best feature of Sim's IMHO.
    Most definitely the best feature.

And whats funny is that up to about a week ago, I never realized that an iphone lacked a sim, which was one of the most obvious things that one could notice. Plus the battery costing 80 dollars once it burns out is a big time downside for the iphone.

The iphone has a sim.

Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    The iphone has a sim.
    and as long as you have ATT it will work with any sim, just like a carrier-locked t-mobile nexus will work with any t-mobile sim.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think you might run into a prolem:
    To get the discount your girl friend has to have the android data plan and sign that contract for 2 years. If she has a smart phone, no problem, she probably has/wants data anyway. Af far as I know, there's no way to transfer that data requirement to another phone, so she has to keep it on her plan. For your line, you can just order data on it separately. Your number and everything else will work fine with your sim card.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for more of the answers to my question everyone.

Now I am hesitant to order the phone now. I don't want her to be strapped with a plan for 2 years.

So I guess I'll just wait two months for my upgrade to come around.

the iPhone has a sim of course. It is a GSM phone

What phone does your girl currently have? If she has a smartphone with data plan she can upgrade and as long as she has the data plan your golden!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links