Got the Nexus One a few days ago.

This is a discussion on Got the Nexus One a few days ago. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello everyone. I am like a kid that couldn't wait to get a new toy. I bought the nexus one a few days ago. Got ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got the Nexus One a few days ago.

Got the Nexus One a few days ago.

Hello everyone. I am like a kid that couldn't wait to get a new toy. I bought the nexus one a few days ago. Got it and have been using it. I have a family plan with 3 phones at AT&T. 2 of the phones are up for renewal, one isn't. I went through tmobile to get the phone cheaper, now I have a single plan with them. Dilemma here! ANYWAY
    I started out using the phone on Tmobile with their 3g. Worked really nice. Got the update about 3 hours after I had been using it.Love that pinch to zoom!
    The Phone calls didn't seem like the person on the other end were hearing me as well. They kept saying "HUH"..Not every call but a few.
    The speed didn't really impress me so much because I had a Blackberry 9700 bold running on 3g through at&t.. They were about the same. So all was good there.
    I downloaded a few apps from the app store. They downloaded really fast. The audio book reader was one. It worked the first time I used it and hasn't since. One game seemed to freeze but the other 2 were fine. Maps work great! Love the navigation and love that it is free!
    It takes some awesome pictures, sms & mms was good. I love how you can snap a pix, send it right to facebook or a line up of other places. Real fast there also.
    I noticed the back (battery) was a little warm. Not bad but noticeable.
    I did turn off the great animation on the screen. I love it but I had to charge the battery every 18 to 20 hours. I will use that just for show.
    I got the idea to switch my sims out because after 2 days seemed the phone wasn't doing as good as it did at first. I put my at&t sim into the Nexus one which only runs on Edge with it. But sometimes it says 3g. Not often but it does. I have been so impressed with this phone on AT&T that I have left it there. It runs faster, cooler and all apps work. Even the audio books works now. Isn't that strange? If I only had known this before I signed up for a tmobile account. Now I am working the heck out of this phone. All apps work great as long as I stay on AT&T. To prove this to myself, I changed the sim back to tmobile a few hours ago. Same thing. Says 3g but just doesn't run the same. I am back with the AT&T sim now. I love love love this phone!
    Anyone know how to get out of a contract with a phone carrier? lol
    Hope this helps someone else.
    I have a lot more to check and will post my findings. This is fun and I am happy with the new Nexus One!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Get out of Contract

You have a 14 day Buyer's Remorse Period to get out of contract without paying the ETF. Are you within 14 days? If you are, then call customers service and tell them you would like to cancel and if you are within the 14 days will they hit you with Early Termination Fee. If not, then ask them to cancel. You might have to pay some Usage, but it shouldn't be that bad. NO more than one month fee I suppose. I just terminated, and still waiting the final bill from T-mobile.

Thank-You

Thank-You for that info. I have had the phone for 4 days so I will call them tomorrow. Will they want the phone back? I bet they will huh? Oh well, it will still be cheaper in the long run I guess. Darn and I just got this fixed up and running good!
    Thanks again, I appreciate your response.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

If you bought the phone subsidized through T-mobile, meaning through contract. Then by early terminating your T-mobile contract, then under Google's Terms and Conditions, you will allow them to charge you an Equipment Recovery Fee of $200 dollars. Small price to pay to get out of a contract that you don't want or need.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    If you bought the phone subsidized through T-mobile, meaning through contract. Then by early terminating your T-mobile contract, then under Google's Terms and Conditions, you will allow them to charge you an Equipment Recovery Fee of $200 dollars. Small price to pay to get out of a contract that you don't want or need.
    If you have only had the phone for 4 days and you got the phone for $179 with a contract you can cancel the contract and only owe for what time you used if anything at all. Google will charge you a recovery fee of $150 which is not bad it used to be $350. So basically you will have a Nexus One for $329. I paid $529 + tax for mine so you got a good deal, lol.

Thank-You!!!

Thank-you both very much for your reply's. This has helped me. I thought I was going to be stuck with 2 phone carriers and going to go broke. lol I will call them tomorrow. Thank-you so much!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

I don't understand either.

I don't understand...the SIM should have no impact on your apps. What happens when you reinsert your TMO SIM?
    Your right. I don't understand that either. But with my Tmobile sim card in it will not work with 2 apps. The apps will work when I have the AT&T sim in. Real odd how changing sims changed a lot of things.

I had reinserted the TMO sim tonight and same things happened. I don't understand but I like how it works now!

Love the phone. Thanks for reading.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Return Merchandise authorization refers to if you were not satisfied with the product and want to cancel within the time frame of 14 days. In his case, he likes the phone and not the service so he cancels before the 120 days, then hewould be subject to a equipment recovery fee. I have already canceled my service and have been assured there will not be early termination fee from tmobile.

Thanks again Alphawave

Not trying to talk you out of any contract or anything, but you must have a bad SIM...and I think you's miss 3G, as I think you've yet to even experience it, if you feel EDGE is faster...it's dramatically slower. I'd hope you try a new SIM at a TMO store before canceling, to see what you're missing.
    I must have a bad sim as you stated. Today I ran the speed test with the att sim on edge. I got 221 kbps download and 125 kbps upload. When I went to wifi with the att sim I got 2795 kbps download and 450 kbps upload.

I later put my tmobile sim back in, ran the speed test with the 3g sim and got 45 download and 29 upload. Now you see why att is much faster. lol

I didn't call tmobile today. Was gone most the day but will call on Monday. Thanks again!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Return Merchandise authorization refers to if you were not satisfied with the product and want to cancel within the time frame of 14 days. In his case, he likes the phone and not the service so he cancels before the 120 days, then hewould be subject to a equipment recovery fee. I have already canceled my service and have been assured there will not be early termination fee from tmobile.
    I guess I hadn't realised the impact of the new reduced ERF imposed by Google. This seems to indicate Google sees the phone at a $329 device, rather than a $529 device...(MSRP, what I paid, and originally supported by the $350 ERF). I knew going in it wasn't a 'deal', but I had no choice: I'm an early adopter by nature, have always paid the most, PLUS I've got a very fair MyFavs plan that for all intents is 'free everything' using GV on MyFavs for $65/mo, and I'm unwilling to futz with this grandfathered plan at all.

As a $329 ($179, $150 ERF later) device, I think this phone is an absolute steal....the key here to reduce your costs to the bare minumum, is to cancel the TMO contract the same day you receive/activate the phone. You'll incur the pro-rated monthly rate for a single day (is there activation, too?), incur the ERF once Google determines the TMO contract is not being maintained (likely after the 120 day gestation period, or sooner), and drop whatever SIM you have on hand (ATT/TMO) and add data as needed to existing service. Anyone find any flaws?
    This phone is worth it at $529. So even if there's a flaw and I am wrong about price to pay device-wise, the fact that I got out of the TMO plan which was the Even-More 500 minutes with Unlimited Data and Text putting me at $80 a month, plus I would need to upgrade to Even-More Unlimited which would have put me at $99 a month Unlimited Talk, Data, and Text before taxes.

By paying full retail for it, whatever it turns out to be, and that's still pending whatever Google will charge me (Per the TOS, they have a right to charge my card), I get to keep my Unlimited Loyalty at $49.99 and Unlimited Android Data for $24.99 I'm only paying $75 a month, a savings of $25 (GV allows me to have free text so I declined the Unlimited Text add-on from TMO for $9.99). A $25 a month savings for 24 month contract is a savings of $600 dollars. This is why Google is pushing for not being BOUND to Service Providers with Contracts!

Imagine the savings Judeeg will see for not having to maintain 2 separate lines!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links