Anybody Purchase a Google Employee Phone?

This is a discussion on Anybody Purchase a Google Employee Phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Has anyone here purchased or had any problems with a Google employee phone? I bought one, when the Nexus One was first announced and the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Purchase a Google Employee Phone?

Anybody Purchase a Google Employee Phone?

Has anyone here purchased or had any problems with a Google employee phone? I bought one, when the Nexus One was first announced and the speaker phone function quit and HTC says that the employee phones were Beta testers and were not supposed to be sold so they gave me the runaround about warranty repair.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The employee phones WHERE beta testing phones.... Obviously they weren't the products being up for sale.... They were given out for employees to test and see what was wrong....

Someone shouldn't have sold you the device in the first place, when that was against Google's policy to do that. They have every right to refuse to service the phone because you *shouldn't* have it in the first place. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Actually paid $500 for it and bought off someone who worked closely alongside Google and they gave to him as a gift. Oh well, I'm gonna purchase one straight from Google therefore if anything goes wrong I have the warranty.
    Does that also mean that if I buy from another person the warranty is non-transferable?

Someone on another forum I frequent has one, easy to spot, they have an Android on the back waving a barcode flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Someone on another forum I frequent has one, easy to spot, they have an Android on the back waving a barcode flag.
    Yup! Actually I like that battery cover rather than the one that is sold to the public.!

does anyone know if they are going to release the battery cover like that one for the general public? i like that one a lot more than the one that just says Google.

yeah. i'd buy that. what does the barcode read?

Battery cover was for Google employee phones only. Have no idea what the barcode reads. Anyone on the forum a Google employee?

Quote Originally Posted by ggong5150 View Post
    Battery cover was for Google employee phones only. Have no idea what the barcode reads. Anyone on the forum a Google employee?
    Using the Barcode scanner App from the Marketplace, that Barcode is the following URL: Welcome to Android

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links