How good is it as a phone?

This is a discussion on How good is it as a phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Rusty I've not had any problems using the phone on mine... quality of call is good, haven't had any dropped calls (that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is it as a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I've not had any problems using the phone on mine... quality of call is good, haven't had any dropped calls (that were the phones fault at least), and not seen any of the lag/freeze mentioned above.

+1, I have not had any freezes or lags as well while I have had other issues but as far as it freezing or lagging during a call this hasn't happened to me yet (Knock on wood).

Great as a phone. Ringer is very loud. Guess it depends on which ring tone you choose, and how good your hearing is.

The only issue I had (an annoyance really) was the display blacking-out while I held it to my ear during a call. I'd want to add a contact, or look at a map during a call and would need to wake it up first.

Installing an app called Screebl solved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    the iPhone is better as a phone. I can't tell you about 3G, but 3GS is more stable as a phone. Actually Nexus One freezes a lot during calls. That was one of the reasons I returned it
    No disrespect intended, but if you were unhappy enough with the Nexus One to return it and go back to the iphone 3GS why are you continuing on this forum?

Personally I have had no problems with the call quality. I also had an iphone 3G and never had any problems with that either

I have been nothing but satisfied with my Nexus One.

Its not very good as a phone. Poor mic placement which is in the bottom right rather than bottom left. You cant hold it between shoulder and ear like you would if you where typing and talking otherwise you are muted to the other party.

Do a search on the forums and you'll find ppl with similar problems although for everyone that has the problem, there will be someone else who is fine.

I use a BT headset to overcome these problems. Other than that the phone is GREAT but please google, remember its also a phone for Nexus Two and apply some Nokia call quality.

I have no problems with the call quality or ringer. I've never had it crashing during a call. Compared to the Nokia N97 its so much easier to answer!

Every phone is going to have people complaining about the call quality. Whether that's because of the case covering up the mic, carrier or hardware, who knows. I've never had a problem, calls are always clear and have had no freezes.

However, people who have bad call quality are in the extreme minority and anyone who says the iPhone is better, overall, is just biased and are probably the same people that will buy the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Great as a phone. Ringer is very loud. Guess it depends on which ring tone you choose, and how good your hearing is.

The only issue I had (an annoyance really) was the display blacking-out while I held it to my ear during a call. I'd want to add a contact, or look at a map during a call and would need to wake it up first.

Installing an app called Screebl solved that.
    Dude, my hearing is fine. Do you carry your phone in your pocket and in the pouch? I'm guessing no if you think the ringer is "very loud". Before anyone says 'well it's my fault for carrying it like that', I beg to differ. The thing came with the pouch so obviously they inteded you to use it and many, many people prefer to keep their phones in their pockets. I've got "Bloodstains" by Agent Orange as my ringtone so there is no problem with volume there! I LOVE the phone, I'm just saying the ringer volume could be better imho.

I know what your talking about how it blacks out during a call. That's fine to save the battery and all but like you said, it doesn't always wake up when you pull it away from your face like it should. I'll check out Screebl.

The ringer issue is definitely a problem as volume is way too low. If the phone is help properly then there should be no call quality issues but if it is held with your shoulder and ear then yes it does get muted. I don't hold it that way so I don't have any issues. The other way around it if you have busy hands to hold the phone would be then the earphones included or bluetooth so you have free hands and call quality then is quite good.

If you are having freezing issues you may want to get rid of some applications that you may have downloaded to try and figure out which application may be causing this. At times certain applications can cause problems. A bit of a pain but you may have to try getting rid of one by one until you figure out which one may be causing phone to hang or freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by mswolf View Post
    No disrespect intended, but if you were unhappy enough with the Nexus One to return it and go back to the iphone 3GS why are you continuing on this forum?
    why not? I like to read the forum

My wife has an iphone and I have nexus one, bought on the same day ,same network, vodafone UK. I work in a weak coverage area. My Nexus gets 3 bars, Nokia E51 3-4 bars, Nokia 6300 4 bars(2G) in this area whilst the iphone mostly has no service and ocasionally 1/2 bar. When I make a call on the iphone with 1/2 bar, the calls frequently fail. The radio is not as good on the iphone in my experience. No coverage = no phone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links