How good is it as a phone?

This is a discussion on How good is it as a phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; One of the frustrations I have with my iPhone 3G is that while it's great for playing music, checking email, and browsing the web, it's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is it as a phone?

How good is it as a phone?

One of the frustrations I have with my iPhone 3G is that while it's great for playing music, checking email, and browsing the web, it's actually pretty terrible as a phone. Frequently when the phone rings the screen freezes for a few seconds. Once it finally accepts my slide to answer, it sometimes freezes again for a second or two. Fortunately, I don't make or receive many calls, but it is annoying enough that I'd like to ensure that the next phone I get functions well as a phone.

Has anyone experienced any freezing/lags when trying to receive/place a call?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

my cellphone is my work number so I use the phone a lot but I have never had lag on a call. I use google voice a bunch and sometimes get drop calls though.

the iPhone is better as a phone. I can't tell you about 3G, but 3GS is more stable as a phone. Actually Nexus One freezes a lot during calls. That was one of the reasons I returned it

Good question and unfortunately for me, I haven't had much luck using it as a phone. First problem being the ringer volume is way too low imo and I can barely hear it in my pocket so I get a lot of missed calls. Second, they put the mic on the bottom of the phone right where I like to rest my pinkie so people are always saying, "I can't hear you anymore" and I move my pinkie and apologize. I've had a lot of dropped calls but I'm not quite ready to blame that on the phone yet. None the less, it's annoying.

On the plus side, in call sound quality is very good imo and I think the noise cancelling mic works pretty good cuz people don't seem to have any trouble hearing me when I'm in a relatively noisy place or driving with the window down etc... I haven't noticed much of the lag you were talking about either.

I've not had any problems using the phone on mine... quality of call is good, haven't had any dropped calls (that were the phones fault at least), and not seen any of the lag/freeze mentioned above.

Call quality for me is far superior to my 3GS due to the dual microphones on the Nexus. Call volume is more than adequate and the ringer is very loud. I'm pleased as punch.

I saw a video at youtube :D the guy in the video says that Nexus One got fantastic calling quality.

I have a large family and am on the phone more often, and sometimes much longer, than I like. I haven't had any problems with the phone. The phone quality is excellent, and I haven't had any dropped calls. My ringer is quite loud, but I have read where others have had to create their own ring tones in order to have them loud enough.

I have been very pleased with the phone overall and don't regret at all buying it (full price).

Same here - I really like N1 as a phone - the call quality is great, never seen any freezing/lag, and the ringer is plenty loud.

Polbit

Junior Member Ravishing_Rick_Rude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    the iPhone is better as a phone. I can't tell you about 3G, but 3GS is more stable as a phone. Actually Nexus One freezes a lot during calls. That was one of the reasons I returned it

Should take a look at this article:

The iPhone is the worst phone in the world - Crave at CNET UK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links