Syncing more than one Google Account?

This is a discussion on Syncing more than one Google Account? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My wife and I both have a Nexus One. We both want each other's contacts on our phone, but we don't want to necessarily view ...

Thread: Syncing more than one Google Account?

Syncing more than one Google Account?

My wife and I both have a Nexus One. We both want each other's contacts on our phone, but we don't want to necessarily view them all the time. In other words, I'd like the option to just select her contacts when I need to. Most of the time though, I just want to see mine.

I can see in the contacts menu option that I can add a Google account to sync with, but I'm worried that once it syncs, I'll have all her contacts mixed with my contacts all the time. Again, I want to be able to select her contacts only when I need to. I want it to work just like the calander option. I can select or deselect her calander at any time.

Does anyone know how to do this? Like I said, I'm worried that if I a "Add Account" option in Accounts & Sync Settings that I'll have her contacts on my phone all the time.

Thanks for the help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What if you add both accounts, but uncheck wife's account so it doesn't sync. This way it removes the Contacts until you check it again to sync thereby giving you the choice to view those contacts only when you need it. I'm just thinking out loud, but haven't done what I'm saying, because I don't have two accounts. Any thought?

You can filter the contact view, so if you set hers to be in a specific group, then you can change the filter to include or exclude them from your list as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    You can filter the contact view, so if you set hers to be in a specific group, then you can change the filter to include or exclude them from your list as needed.
    Exactly the solution I'm looking for! Other than marking favorites, I didn't realize I could filter further on the phone. I looked at it a little closer since your suggestion and see how to do it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links