FAO O2 UK users: operator name displayed incorrectly after updating to a 3G SIM

This is a discussion on FAO O2 UK users: operator name displayed incorrectly after updating to a 3G SIM within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My SIM was over 12 years old and thanks to this forum I discovered that I had to change this in order to get 3G ...

Thread: FAO O2 UK users: operator name displayed incorrectly after updating to a 3G SIM

FAO O2 UK users: operator name displayed incorrectly after updating to a 3G SIM

My SIM was over 12 years old and thanks to this forum I discovered that I had to change this in order to get 3G speeds.

I did this today at my local O2 shop and they even called customer services for me in order to get it activated. So, less than an hour later I was getting HSPDA being displayed in Settings > About Phone > Status.

The strange thing is that in the unlock screen the operator is now displayed as "O2 - UK|", with a superfluous pipe character.

This was not the case with my old card and as a programmer this typo is just driving me nuts.

Any other O2 users noticed this? Can it be resolved without putting the SIM in a dongle and executing AT commands? If not, is there a guide to doing this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's something caused by the recent update, apparently it's to do with roaming... if you were on the roam then after the pipe would be the network you're roaming on.

nsm
    I hadn't noticed it until I read this post. So thanks for that.
    Doesn't really bother me as I am barely on the lock screen for long enough to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    It's something caused by the recent update, apparently it's to do with roaming... if you were on the roam then after the pipe would be the network you're roaming on.
    Interesting.

I'm not roaming at the moment, but I'll be back in Zürich tomorrow evening and will report back on how the operator is being displayed.

nsm
    I dont roam - and I have the pipe. Raming is off too.

Quote Originally Posted by nsm View Post
    You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nsm View Post
    You're very welcome.
    Hadn't noticed either until your post, doesn't bother me though. I guess I presumed it was like a little separator line or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Roaming now and the operator is displayed as "Swisscom".

No mention of O2 at all and no pipe.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links