Nexus One has been one-upped by Samsung

This is a discussion on Nexus One has been one-upped by Samsung within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; As a tech fan i have to say its pretty cool but not as yhin or good looking as the n1. Projector is cool and ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One has been one-upped by Samsung

As a tech fan i have to say its pretty cool but not as yhin or good looking as the n1. Projector is cool and it will become a trend but it just adds bulk. What i like the most is really the built in 16bg which as far is afaik a first on a android system. I couldnt care less bout the cam. They keep on coming up with more mp and looking the same as my 3 yr old 1mp camera

That projector may or may not be just for novelty value, lets see how it works first...

As long as its OK, it'll be a handy app for presentations.

But there is a bigger point to this. In the future projector technology combined with gestures could free us from the current smartphone/tablet dilemma. We could see devices that fit in out pockets, but 'have' 10, 15, 20 inch screens.

Projector FTW!

am i the only one wondering that the processor in thsi thing will be?

fuk man i was just wondering the other day how cool would it be if my nexus one had a projector thinking to myself that something like this is probably stupid and not even possible and now this phone is gonna have one!!!! thats so ironic!
    but think about it....everywhere you go you can project a movie on a plain white wall or anything suitable how awsome is that. not only is it going to be a great feature it will also be super cool! nexus 2 better have one of these!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I could honestly care less about a projector...

But the DIVX, and 8mp camera is pretty freaking sweet. The front camera is nice too....

But its just a ugly phone. I don't see what the point of having a projector.... Like, its REALLY cool... But are you going to watch a full movie off your cellphone? I guess you could record videos and project them, but its just unnecessary to me.

NOT to mention, trying to project a 720P video??? Like, the Nexus battery is HORRIBLE, i couldn't imagine this battery! it would die in like 20 minutes. :P
    Probbaly gonna be at home or at the office, so you could just plug it in right?

Nobody has mentioned the Super AMOLED. I wonder how much better it is than the normal AMOLED. Does anyone know about this technology?

I'm not so sure a high resolution camera is truly a selling point on phones... Even with a "real" point and shoot digital camera the sensor is not big enough to produce error free images above ~8Mp. Last week or so there was a good article on tech sites talking about dropping your camera resolution down to the 6Mp range (even if it's a 10+ Mp camera) for superior images.

DSLR's are a totally different story because of the image sensor size....

I can't imagine the horrible picture quality on a 8Mp cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gregornz View Post
    That projector may or may not be just for novelty value, lets see how it works first...

As long as its OK, it'll be a handy app for presentations.

But there is a bigger point to this. In the future projector technology combined with gestures could free us from the current smartphone/tablet dilemma. We could see devices that fit in out pockets, but 'have' 10, 15, 20 inch screens.

Projector FTW!
    I read an article on tech trends a while back, and projector phones in 2010 was high on the list. Only a few years ago we were still carrying big bulky phones with really awesome 1.5" color screens! Now we have huge displays on really sleek phones, so I'm really interested in seeing where projectors are headed.

Like gregornz said, imagine carrying around a 15" screen in your pocket, pretty cool. There are obvious limitations, and tech/demand will have to keep up the pace before projectors are really kick ass, but I think this has potential.

I see nothing on that phone I would want. Higher MP does not make a camera better and often can make it worse, and do I really want to pay for a built-in projector?

Now if HTC brings out an HD2 with android 2.1, then I would be jealous.

Why would anyone want a projector on a cell phone? Completely ridiculous.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links