Nexus One has been one-upped by Samsung

This is a discussion on Nexus One has been one-upped by Samsung within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by JD914 Why would anyone want a projector on a cell phone? Completely ridiculous. Some are preoccupied with bragging ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One has been one-upped by Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    Why would anyone want a projector on a cell phone? Completely ridiculous.
    Some are preoccupied with bragging rights, I suppose. I'd be laughed out of the office trying to do a serious presentation off my cell phone. :P
    you will never know. it can become a trend in a year or two.

I would never sacrafice look for a mobile projector LOL..

Wait can you watch movies on that projector?

^I think so. What else would you use the projector for other than multimedia?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    ^I think so. What else would you use the projector for other than multimedia?
    Damn nevermind I change my statement. Its so cool if I can watch movie from my phone on a big screen =]
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello everyone!
    I just registered here so I could post this single reply (I'm sure I'll come back for more N1 goodness, though )
    For all you people out there bashing projectors on new smartphones, check this out: Pranav Mistry: The thrilling potential of SixthSense technology | Video on TED.com
    This is a bit old already, but there might be someone out there not knowing about it...Now, as you watch the video, notice the "loading twirling dots"? What does that remind you of? Let me give you a hint: !!!!!!
    After you watch the video, you might have a different point of view....
    Ciao!

I had several Samsung smartphones before and believe all they care about is selling more phones. 2 year waiting for a software update that never came. The only way you can get a update is if you buy a new phone.

Coming from a home theater enthusiast with a home theater projector I have to ask. How big will the image be? Also, keep in mind that bulbs on projectors have to be replaced unless it's a LED bulb. PQ I'm not expecting much as of now but it is a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Big and ugly. Do I need to say more?
    So is my husband but I still love him :rofl3:

Seriously though: the projector is interesting in concept, but I can't imagine such a tiny device will project anything bigger than a netbook sized image without getting blurry as can be. Should be interesting to read reviews when it's out
    My sigs keep getting

This is pretty cool and could be a fantastic phone.

Eventually they're bound to make a phone better than the N1. It'll be nice to see some of them become real and help boost competition in the market. (This one isn't due out until possibly third quarter this year, in Europe. Who knows about the U.S.)

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm getting tired of leaks, the fake leaks and delays/launch dates that never come with these non-transparent nature of these manufacturers and carriers -- and then it getting compared to real technology that exists today. Anyone can write up a fantasy spec sheet and leak it to a tech blog. Make it real, then let's talk.

There's always going to be a better phone eventually, and I waited a LONG time to take the jump. I thought I'd be buying a "Dragon" (early leaked name for a phone with similar specs to the N1)... but it never came.

In the end, I'm really glad I got the N1, that I can hold it in my hand and use it right now, and especially that I didn't continue to wait for Verizon or some of the mystical rumor about a fantastic future phone that may or may not ever come.

Until then, the Nexus One has not been one-upped by Samsung.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

What network is it compatible with?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links