Losing T-Mobile service after OTA update

This is a discussion on Losing T-Mobile service after OTA update within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have the exact same problem. I previously had T-Mobile with a Blackberry and while in my office I lose a signal. Of course when ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing T-Mobile service after OTA update

I have the exact same problem. I previously had T-Mobile with a Blackberry and while in my office I lose a signal. Of course when I leave the office and return to reception range, my signal returns.

Since installing update1 off the SD Card my phone will have problems finding a signal after it's been lost. When I leave work I have to restart the phone (soft restart or take out the battery) to get a signal. If I go through the Settings> Network > Search Network it will keep searching forever and never find a signal. Restarting seems to be the only fix.

I called T-Mobile yesterday and they walked me through a hard reset to restore the phone to factory conditions. They instructed me not to install any apps and not to log into Gmail.

I couldn't help myself, so I logged into Google services and downloaded a few apps that I trusted. But when the problem happened again I decided to start from scratch.

Earlier today I did a hard restart and skipped through the set-up options. I haven't logged-in to Google, downloaded any apps, or really done anything on the phone except look at the signal. The phone loses a signal when I enter the building, but finds it when I leave. This is leading me to believe that the problem is somehow connected with logging-in to Google services, or with one of the Apps I downloaded.

I'll keep playing and update if I can find a specific cause.

was this issue ever solved? i have 2 N1s in my house...mine works fine but the other one has had problems since the update. it will completely lose service and can not connect until a battery pull. it works fine after that but every few days it will happen again. its not a huge problem but should not have to do a battery pull so often.

anyone have any suggestions?

I've found that putting the phone in airplane mode for a minute will force the phone to catch a signal. Sometimes 3g wont come back right away so I end up restarting anyway.

there has to be a permanent fix for this...should not have to resort to workarounds every time the problem shows up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links