Supersonic is gonna crush Nexus one

This is a discussion on Supersonic is gonna crush Nexus one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by idioteknQues Originally Posted by number 9 if our 3G issues can't be fixed with software, surely the next iteration of N1 will ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Supersonic is gonna crush Nexus one

Quote Originally Posted by idioteknQues View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    if our 3G issues can't be fixed with software, surely the next iteration of N1 will have also hit the market.
    talk about being a fanboy - you have already forgiven a manufacturer for selling you a deficient device in a MAJOR WAY, i.e. not even being able to handle 3G data ok until the next iteration, and that's OK TO YOU. why the heck should i have to pay for a device that can't function on 3g ( a pretty f'in big detail) and have to buy the 2nd generation to do so? and you blow that off like it's just dandy?

do you realize how pathetic that is? you are the kind of sucker manufacturers count on to pump out crummy devices knowing that stupid consumers will just lay down and surrender their brains.
    Thats what manufactures do. Just like apple. They had the tech to pump out a 3G phone way before they did, got everyone lined up with the gen 1, then a year later made a 3G. Like they really could not have included it in the gen 1 phone? All it is, is greed on manufactures parts. Then OMG a 3GS!!! Everyone line up again at apple stores and wait hours!!!! OMG THE HYPE> Its the 3GS everyone :iphone:!!!! Run go get it and make the network crash for a few days with all the activations. Yea I got caught up in all the hype when the 3G Iphone :iphone: was released and I am very dissapointed that I did that, never gonna happen again. Now I just want a reasonable non hype phone.

I remember when I got the 3G:iphone: they could not even activate the phone at the stores, I had to wait 2 days after cause the network was overloaded. Are you serious? I just paid $200 to be subsidised into a 2 year contract and its not working right now when I bought it?

I see no difference between Apple and Google now at this point. What is even worse there was far less hype about this one, no lining up, not much Hype. And still they cant get it together?

just to put in my 2cents im not a business tycoon(i wish) and i travel to Europe every year for about 2 months so this IS a deal maker to me and exactly why i would never go to Sprint or Verizon. If you think about it there is soooo many people from different backgrounds living in the US, and a very big part of them leave the US reguralry to go visit friends and family be it in Europe Asia or Latin America....
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by rgrmatt69 View Post
    What a worthless post. When this kid said he was excited that it was coming to Sprint, I :rofl3:

Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by mdmsupra View Post
    Suprised so many are not liking the Supersonic. Made by the same company, snapdragon chip, 4G. if those are bad then IDUNNO.

Secondly, I would go get a N1 today if they could be bought in stores and some sort of customer service. Google are a bunch of priks, I tried calling them, they basically hang up on you and just say "Buy it online"

I think when you go into a sprint store you get a little more than that for customer service, im not saying that they are great however, but a little better than google response to customer inquiry.

Tmobile offers no customer support for them in store or over the phone and you cannot add insurance for them from what they told me.

Im not even being bias, im just calling like I see it, I have a BB 8300 Curve and really want the N1. However it just seems like a huge risk.

Come on jump in! I got mine last friday and I'm happy with it. The water's just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by mdmsupra View Post
    I see no difference between Apple and Google now at this point. What is even worse there was far less hype about this one, no lining up, not much Hype. And still they cant get it together?
    ROFL..

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
    :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

that's good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by misticjeff View Post
    4G doesn't impress me, personally.
    Me neither... I have personally tried Clear 4G here in Las Vegas and it is spotty at best (canceled after 1mo.) It does NOT work inside large buildings unless you're next to a window, i.e. no signal at all!!! I'll wait for LTE.

4G is a general term. Do you know which technology it was? Wimax hsdpa+ hell it could've been lte!
    He said Clear, so you should have known it was Wimax. And I should have clarified my point about 4G not impressing me, I mean the phone having Sprint 4G does not impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteknQues View Post
    if our 3G issues can't be fixed with software, surely the next iteration of N1 will have also hit the market.
    talk about being a fanboy - you have already forgiven a manufacturer for selling you a deficient device in a MAJOR WAY, i.e. not even being able to handle 3G data ok until the next iteration, and that's OK TO YOU. why the heck should i have to pay for a device that can't function on 3g ( a pretty f'in big detail) and have to buy the 2nd generation to do so? and you blow that off like it's just dandy?

do you realize how pathetic that is? you are the kind of sucker manufacturers count on to pump out crummy devices knowing that stupid consumers will just lay down and surrender their brains.
    Holy s**t, did you even read my post, or the conversation? That the whole thing was about N1 compared to the Supersonic?? The Nexus one handles 3G data, users have reported 3G problems, and unlike most other device manufacturers, an update has already been released, and another is on the way(you can get the leaked rom if you don't want to wait)

You made some pretty broad generalizations based on one sentence... deficient device? 3G unusable?the 3G issues don't render the device unusable on the t-mo 3g network(I've had a great experience with coverage/speed), I'm a fanboy who has surrendered my brain? How the hell does anything I wrote suggest anything othrer than a comparison of 2 devices? please think before you start flaming me.

About the 2nd gen N1...let me explain my comments for you. Sprint is coming out with a few WiMax 4G phones which are supposed to be faster than 3G. By the time the 4G network is usable in any kind of way(it sucks right now)...T-mobile's network will have been upgraded to a system that our phones don't support, and never claimed to support afaik, the HSPA+ 21Mbps. Also, any speed issues(I've had great coverage in several cities) will have been cleared up.

And one more thing, we're all early adopters here, we know what we're in for, but we still expect a product as promised, and if we don't like it, we can send it back, which I would have done if they sold me a 'device deficient in a major way'.

and yet... you still post one and one about it on a nexus one forum..

if you're bailing, bail.. are you trying to get people to bail with you so you feel justified?

Quote Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by misticjeff View Post
    Me neither... I have personally tried Clear 4G here in Las Vegas and it is spotty at best (canceled after 1mo.) It does NOT work inside large buildings unless you're next to a window, i.e. no signal at all!!! I'll wait for LTE.

4G is a general term. Do you know which technology it was? Wimax hsdpa+ hell it could've been lte!
    He said Clear, so you should have known it was Wimax. And I should have clarified my point about 4G not impressing me, I mean the phone having Sprint 4G does not impress me.
    Oh okay. Next time ill just ask you first before I post anything. You know, just to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    just to put in my 2cents im not a business tycoon(i wish) and i travel to Europe every year for about 2 months so this IS a deal maker to me and exactly why i would never go to Sprint or Verizon. If you think about it there is soooo many people from different backgrounds living in the US, and a very big part of them leave the US reguralry to go visit friends and family be it in Europe Asia or Latin America....
    of course, for people like you it makes sense. and there are people that go overseas often enough for an unlocked phone to make sense - my folks for example. now that they are retired they go once a year to the mediterranean for a couple months or more.

but i seriously doubt everybody that touts UNLOCKED goes overseas much, if at all. it's a very small part of the population. that was my point. it's just a meaningless talking point for most.

love sprint or hate sprint, their network is far better than T-mo's, or AT&T's - both networks that the N1 is available on.
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links