Supersonic is gonna crush Nexus one

This is a discussion on Supersonic is gonna crush Nexus one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by number 9 Originally Posted by idioteknQues Originally Posted by number 9 if our 3G issues can't be fixed with software, surely the ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Supersonic is gonna crush Nexus one

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteknQues View Post
    if our 3G issues can't be fixed with software, surely the next iteration of N1 will have also hit the market.
    talk about being a fanboy - you have already forgiven a manufacturer for selling you a deficient device in a MAJOR WAY, i.e. not even being able to handle 3G data ok until the next iteration, and that's OK TO YOU. why the heck should i have to pay for a device that can't function on 3g ( a pretty f'in big detail) and have to buy the 2nd generation to do so? and you blow that off like it's just dandy?

do you realize how pathetic that is? you are the kind of sucker manufacturers count on to pump out crummy devices knowing that stupid consumers will just lay down and surrender their brains.
    Holy s**t, did you even read my post, or the conversation? That the whole thing was about N1 compared to the Supersonic?? The Nexus one handles 3G data, users have reported 3G problems, and unlike most other device manufacturers, an update has already been released, and another is on the way(you can get the leaked rom if you don't want to wait)

You made some pretty broad generalizations based on one sentence... deficient device? 3G unusable?the 3G issues don't render the device unusable on the t-mo 3g network(I've had a great experience with coverage/speed), I'm a fanboy who has surrendered my brain? How the hell does anything I wrote suggest anything othrer than a comparison of 2 devices? please think before you start flaming me.

About the 2nd gen N1...let me explain my comments for you. Sprint is coming out with a few WiMax 4G phones which are supposed to be faster than 3G. By the time the 4G network is usable in any kind of way(it sucks right now)...T-mobile's network will have been upgraded to a system that our phones don't support, and never claimed to support afaik, the HSPA+ 21Mbps. Also, any speed issues(I've had great coverage in several cities) will have been cleared up.

And one more thing, we're all early adopters here, we know what we're in for, but we still expect a product as promised, and if we don't like it, we can send it back, which I would have done if they sold me a 'device deficient in a major way'.
    your sentence says it all. you just say 'oh well, if they can't fix our issues with software, the next generation should be ok'

what did i mistranslate?
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

Quote Originally Posted by okcoolthnx View Post

4G is a general term. Do you know which technology it was? Wimax hsdpa+ hell it could've been lte!
    He said Clear, so you should have known it was Wimax. And I should have clarified my point about 4G not impressing me, I mean the phone having Sprint 4G does not impress me.
    Oh okay. Next time ill just ask you first before I post anything. You know, just to be clear.
    Sorry, didn't mean to come off like that

Hey guys...

Just a reminder this is a family friendly forum. Keep it clean in here....

Just an FYI I have 2 Droids and will be getting an N1 at some point this week also

talk about being a fanboy - you have already forgiven a manufacturer for selling you a deficient device in a MAJOR WAY, i.e. not even being able to handle 3G data ok until the next iteration, and that's OK TO YOU. why the heck should i have to pay for a device that can't function on 3g ( a pretty f'in big detail) and have to buy the 2nd generation to do so? and you blow that off like it's just dandy?

do you realize how pathetic that is? you are the kind of sucker manufacturers count on to pump out crummy devices knowing that stupid consumers will just lay down and surrender their brains.
    Holy s**t, did you even read my post, or the conversation? That the whole thing was about N1 compared to the Supersonic?? The Nexus one handles 3G data, users have reported 3G problems, and unlike most other device manufacturers, an update has already been released, and another is on the way(you can get the leaked rom if you don't want to wait)

You made some pretty broad generalizations based on one sentence... deficient device? 3G unusable?the 3G issues don't render the device unusable on the t-mo 3g network(I've had a great experience with coverage/speed), I'm a fanboy who has surrendered my brain? How the hell does anything I wrote suggest anything othrer than a comparison of 2 devices? please think before you start flaming me.

About the 2nd gen N1...let me explain my comments for you. Sprint is coming out with a few WiMax 4G phones which are supposed to be faster than 3G. By the time the 4G network is usable in any kind of way(it sucks right now)...T-mobile's network will have been upgraded to a system that our phones don't support, and never claimed to support afaik, the HSPA+ 21Mbps. Also, any speed issues(I've had great coverage in several cities) will have been cleared up.

And one more thing, we're all early adopters here, we know what we're in for, but we still expect a product as promised, and if we don't like it, we can send it back, which I would have done if they sold me a 'device deficient in a major way'.
    your sentence says it all. you just say 'oh well, if they can't fix our issues with software, the next generation should be ok'

what did i mistranslate?
    No, that's not what I said, you're taking things out of context. This thread is about the Supersonic vs. the N1.

Take the whole post, not just the sentence you took out of context. I was talking about the benefits of having a 4G phone over the N1. The thread is about the Supersonic crushing the N1.

By the time the next Nexus comes out, it should have support for the upgraded HSPA+ network. In the meantime, we should see improvements in our current speeds, and people with 3G issues(which isn't everybody) should have their problems resolved.

meh i love the nexus.. the design is the shiz.. i love google. and yeah the supersonic is going to use android 2.1 but who designed the nexus.. ohhh yeah google.. makers of android.. hmmm i think i am going to stick with my nexus.. htc is decent and they actually did something decent with the nexus.. but yeah most of thier other phones are just ok... not phenomenal like the nexus..

what did i mistranslate?
    No, that's not what I said, you're taking things out of context. This thread is about the Supersonic vs. the N1.

Take the whole post, not just the sentence you took out of context. I was talking about the benefits of having a 4G phone over the N1. The thread is about the Supersonic crushing the N1.

By the time the next Nexus comes out, it should have support for the upgraded HSPA+ network. In the meantime, we should see improvements in our current speeds, and people with 3G issues(which isn't everybody) should have their problems resolved.
    that's not what you said.

4 If the phone is dual 3/4G, then that might be a good thing, but by the time Sprint has a decent WiMax network, T-Mo will have upgraded to HSPA+, and if our 3G issues can't be fixed with software, surely the next iteration of N1 will have also hit the market.

you directly said if our 3g issues can't be fixed with software, well, just check out the 2nd generation.
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    just to put in my 2cents im not a business tycoon(i wish) and i travel to Europe every year for about 2 months so this IS a deal maker to me and exactly why i would never go to Sprint or Verizon. If you think about it there is soooo many people from different backgrounds living in the US, and a very big part of them leave the US reguralry to go visit friends and family be it in Europe Asia or Latin America....
    of course, for people like you it makes sense. and there are people that go overseas often enough for an unlocked phone to make sense - my folks for example. now that they are retired they go once a year to the mediterranean for a couple months or more.

but i seriously doubt everybody that touts UNLOCKED goes overseas much, if at all. it's a very small part of the population. that was my point. it's just a meaningless talking point for most.

love sprint or hate sprint, their network is far better than T-mo's, or AT&T's - both networks that the N1 is available on.
    well i dont have anything against Sprint....its just that all of Europe is on the GSM system and they are on CDMA system or whatever its called. In other words they do not have sim cards. That is the only reason why im with T-Mobile and not Sprint or Verizon.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Wow can I say FAIL? You guys judge a network based on their average connection. Do not forget some networks work better in certain area. For example, in Las Vegas where I live, Verizon Wireless is about the same as AT&T and T-Mobile. In fact I sometimes even think AT&T has the best network in Vegas. But it all depends on where you live. Do not make your judgement based on these stupid facts about how big a company is or how good their connection speed is. You getting my point here? lol

He said Clear, so you should have known it was Wimax. And I should have clarified my point about 4G not impressing me, I mean the phone having Sprint 4G does not impress me.
    Oh okay. Next time ill just ask you first before I post anything. You know, just to be clear.
    Sorry, didn't mean to come off like that
    It's okay.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!

.....as he starts porting over Sense 2.1......
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links