I just noticed something about my N1 this weekend.

This is a discussion on I just noticed something about my N1 this weekend. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I was talking to my fiance on the phone and I started to play around with the phone while she was talking (answering with ...

Thread: I just noticed something about my N1 this weekend.

I just noticed something about my N1 this weekend.

So I was talking to my fiance on the phone and I started to play around with the phone while she was talking (answering with an occasional "ah ha" and "oh ok"). I noticed that while you're on a call, if you put your finger near the top speaker of the phone, it goes blank. I figured this "feature" is to help save on battery while on a call...however it can get quite annoying as well. If you get a txt message while on a call and try to touch the notice bar, the screen will go blank before you can touch it.
    I bet most of you knew this already so I was wondering how can i disable this "feature"?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's the proximity sensor. Hadn't ever thought it would be a good thing to disable, and haven't seen anything about it.
    Rooted Nexus One

Its the proximity sensor I think. and it assumes your face is beside your phone and doesn't want you to press any buttons accidentally. Not sure if you can disable it though, I've never wanted to.

I haven't noticed that. If I'm on a call and need to check something, I will lookup whatever (say another contact's number or address) and then when I want to go back to the call I use the notification bar to quickly click back to the call. It's never gone blank until I put it back to my ear ... at least not yet.

then something is wrong with your phone lol

cxm
    if the screen didn't go blank then you risk pushing buttons with your cheek - e.g. hanging up by accident - and of course it saves battery

The sensor is about 4mm under the left corner speaker. You can still open your notifications by move your finger on the right corner on the top screen to open it up or go to menu click on notification. When you are using screen while you are talk on the phone just careful don't have your finger or hand cover the sensor. it will go blank..

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    The sensor is about 4mm under the left corner speaker. You can still open your notifications by move your finger on the right corner on the top screen to open it up or go to menu click on notification. When you are using screen while you are talk on the phone just careful don't have your finger or hand cover the sensor. it will go blank..
    cool. thnx. I'll try that next time.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links