HTC Showcases HTC Desire, The Nexus 2?

This is a discussion on HTC Showcases HTC Desire, The Nexus 2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It seems that HTC wants some of the thunder the Nexus One is getting. The HTC Desire sure looks like the Nexus One and has ...

Thread: HTC Showcases HTC Desire, The Nexus 2?

Cool HTC Showcases HTC Desire, The Nexus 2?

It seems that HTC wants some of the thunder the Nexus One is getting. The HTC Desire sure looks like the Nexus One and has all the Nexus One's specs but with HTC's Sense interface instead only the Android skin.
    I read some reviews and I want this phone when it comes out. It looks like the Nexus One's twin...case and all...they even changed the 4 touch sensitive buttons as you see on the Nexus One to real clickable buttons.
    It will even come with full Flash 10.1 support.

Review and info I found as per CNET:

HTC Desire
    Previously known as the HTC Bravo, the Desire is essentially the Nexus One with HTC Sense. The sleek smartphone offers all the same specs as the N1, including a 3.7-inch AMOLED multi-touch screen, a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and Android 2.1, but utilizes HTC's Sense user experience rather than the standard Android skin.
    This means you now get access to HTC's widgets, including some new ones like a revamped widget that shows a list view of all your mail instead of just one message. The Agenda widget also now displays your whole agenda on the screen, and like the HTC HD2, you get a weather widget right on the home screen that automatically displays the current conditions based on your location.
    There are also some hidden goodies as well. In the browser, you can now do a long-press over some text to bring up a selection bar to select a word that you can then look up a word in the dictionary or Wikipedia. You can also select a whole paragraph to send to Google Translate to, well, translate. One other notable change is the optical joystick (a One & Co contribution) that replaces the trackball.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Its cool, but since I already have the N1 no need for me to get that phone, Android will be getting Flash 10.1 between March and April

Desire is almost on par with N1, but it has Sense UI.

It may be a great competitor to N1.

I hope this link works. It is a side by side comparison.

HTC Desire vs. HTC Google Nexus One - GSMArena.com

I like the trackball better over the optical joystick. I have tried the optical joystick on the Blackberry Phone before I still like the trackball better. I think I still like the Nexus One better because I believe Nexus One will be the one got the latest update before other phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links