Should I get a Nexus One or wait?

This is a discussion on Should I get a Nexus One or wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Turns out the HTC Passion aka HTC Bravo might now be available in the US as early as Spring 2010 US, three months ahead of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I get a Nexus One or wait?

Turns out the HTC Passion aka HTC Bravo might now be available in the US as early as Spring 2010 US, three months ahead of the expected European release.

Networks: WCDMA/HSPA: 900/2100 Mhz; /GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Display: 3.7-inch WVGA (Wide VGA - 800x480) AMOLED capacitive touch screen

Camera: 5mp with Autofocus, 2x LED Flashlight

Video Recording: 720p Video Capture

Chipset: Qualcomm QSD 8250, 1Ghz Snapdragon

Battery: 1400mAh

Extras: microSD, WLAN, Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, GPS/AGPS, G-Sensor, Digital Compass, FM Radio, microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack

yea i heard sprint is getting the htc supersonic which is a giant 4.3" device kinda like the hd2 but will run android. htc is crankin them out this year
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

More or less some one said this better than me that "We should all be impresed and happy with the advance of Andriod, and not specific phones"

There are always going to be better phones, but Myself and hopefully everyone here wants to see andriod beat the **** out of apple crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmsupra View Post
    Well its Edge. I dont know what else to say. Did you have the gen 1 iphone, I did, and it was slow as hell, could not stream pandora .
    Thats a fib. Edge can stream pandora very well. Heck , it loads youtube video as well, a little slow yes. Streaming audio on edge workd very very well.
    Op, I also have an iphone 3g and will be getting the nexus one soon. I will cancel my ATT contract, T-mobile is cheaper than ATT by $20 a month for the plan that I want.

I would go for a Nexus phone, we get updates faster and support is in the works but I haven't needed it. Maybe wait for the next Nexus.
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

passion is now seems to be called "HTC Desire" and it is going to be released in Europe and Asia first. It is essentially same as nexus one except having Sense UI, optical pad thing (instead of the trackball), and Flash 10 compatible for the most.

If you don't mind of the size, supersonic seems to be a good thing to wait on as well.

and maybe also legend. I like how legend looks. it would match my macbook pro . although i wish the screen was as big as that of nexus one.

overall, i do think that iphone 3gs is a good enough phone to hold out on nexus one and open yourself to wider range of android phones that's going to come out this year.

following links directs you to engadget reviews from CES of the phones i mentioned:

HTC Legend hands-on (updated with video) -- Engadget

HTC Desire first hands-on (updated with video) -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by mdmsupra View Post
    Turns out the HTC Passion aka HTC Bravo might now be available in the US as early as Spring 2010 US, three months ahead of the expected European release.

Networks: WCDMA/HSPA: 900/2100 Mhz; /GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Display: 3.7-inch WVGA (Wide VGA - 800x480) AMOLED capacitive touch screen

Camera: 5mp with Autofocus, 2x LED Flashlight

Video Recording: 720p Video Capture

Chipset: Qualcomm QSD 8250, 1Ghz Snapdragon

Battery: 1400mAh

Extras: microSD, WLAN, Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, GPS/AGPS, G-Sensor, Digital Compass, FM Radio, microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack
    Those are outdated stupid rumour. The Passion is now called Desire, which is not even announced for the US yet. Only Europe and some Asian countries. Don't wait for a new phone. Nexus One won't be outdated for awhile, it is one of the first phones to have a 1Ghz Snapdragon, by the time your done with it its time to upgrade to a newly and fresh Duo Core. Desire or Bravo or whatever you want to call it is not really worth the wait in my opinion. First of all the only main difference is hard buttons, trackpad, and Sense UI. I'm indifferent to hard buttons or touch sensitive, they are both ok to me. Trackpad is a bit skeptical to me, as I never used it and it looks kinda ugly lol. I can always flash my phone with Sense UI once Desire comes out so im not worried about it. And another good reason is that if you wait for Desire or newer phone you have to wait even longer to upgrade to the next generation.

I thought Passion is the code name for the Nexus One. Bravo is now called Desire.

OT: I would wait to see if the HTC Desire is coming to the US or not. Also remember Engadget reported that FCC just recently approved an AT&T compatible HTC device that is either the Desire or the Nexus One. Nexus One for AT&T's 3G bands likely in the works -- Engadget Wait a bit longer to confirm these rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    I thought Passion is the code name for the Nexus One. Bravo is now called Desire.

OT: I would wait to see if the HTC Desire is coming to the US or not. Also remember Engadget reported that FCC just recently approved an AT&T compatible HTC device that is either the Desire or the Nexus One. Nexus One for AT&T's 3G bands likely in the works -- Engadget Wait a bit longer to confirm these rumors.
    Then ill sit and laugh when that phone never comes to the U.S. :rofl3:

Wait =
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    With the N1 as Google's flagship (and only) phone, I doubt it will be left hung out to dry any time soon.
    I love the fact we get little bonuses from the update. I heard the Droid 2.1 update won't have the cool app menu thing and live wall paper
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links