Should I get a Nexus One or wait?

This is a discussion on Should I get a Nexus One or wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Currently I have an iPhone 3GS and was considering getting the N1. I am on AT&T so I will have to get the unlocked version ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a Nexus One or wait?

Should I get a Nexus One or wait?

Currently I have an iPhone 3GS and was considering getting the N1. I am on AT&T so I will have to get the unlocked version for $530+tax. So I was wondering if I should get the Nexus One now or wait until the summer when HTC unveils their new Android phones for AT&T. I still like the iPhone but I have gotten tired of the interface. So I am hoping that the next OS offers multitasking and more features of the Android.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cant you jailbreak your phone to change the interface up a bit? Thats what it did and it made me love it again when I had one? I would not put the N1 on the ATT network cause you are going to be running on the crapo edge. Mabey wait till verizon releases it. Have you thought about the HTC hero, or G1 or Droid?

I have jailbroken it but every time I update my phone to the latest update everything is erased. So I stopped doing that. Also I don't have Verizon. I am on my dad's AT&T account. My mom has Verizon but I don't want to add another line to her account because it would cost her more money.

I would stick it out, you would not have to shell out any more money, you got a fast phone that has 3G everywhere you probbably need it. If you really want to shell out $500 + for a new toy that has a different OS then do it, if money is more important than that, dont. Do you want to run on Att edge is another question you need to ask yourself. You are going to experience a huge drop in speed.

Well the main reason I am wanting the Nexus One is to try out a different OS. I have had the iPhone for about 2 years and Apple has not yet chnaged it by much. The other reasons I wam wanting the Nexus are for voice to text, live wallpapers, and a better camera with flash because I don't own an actual camera. How much slower is edge on ATT with the Nexus one. I have heard that it was decent.

Well its Edge. I dont know what else to say. Did you have the gen 1 iphone, I did, and it was slow as hell, could not stream pandora well. And it was not in high quality which pandora requires 3G for high quality. I remember when I had gen 1:iphone: I hated it. Loading pics was slow, loading HTML everything. Its hype that the N1 just runs faster on edge than the Iphone did. Simply not true.

I know that you loose all your data when you jailbreak, however it might be work backing it up and jailbreaking it to get a different interface. If this still is not enough then get the N1. I guess we all need change in our lives. I know I do, I just dont find it with a phone, I move cross country to a different city.

You have a point. I never did have the 1st gen iPhone but I have heard that it was really slow. I guess I will wait until the next gen iPhone that will come out this summer.

i hear the HTC bravo might be coming out for ATT look into it, you might like it, it looks pretty sweet
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo893 View Post
    You have a point. I never did have the 1st gen iPhone but I have heard that it was really slow. I guess I will wait until the next gen iPhone that will come out this summer.
    Well I dont know about just getting another Iphone. What do you have right now? 3GS? If you look at the progression from Gen1, 3G, 3GS. Same os same old boring apple. However, they may suprise, but from the look of the Ipad it looks like they are not going to, since that is just a big iphone interface, its the exact same. I would wait to see what happens with the N1. Also, HTC is about to release a lot of droid phones for ATT, If I was you, since you want to remain with ATT, and you want 3G, get a certified ATT droid phone that is gonna have 3G everywhere you need it. I am gonna wait for that to happen as well. Whatever is first the supersonic for sprint, or the Droid phones for Att, thats what Im gonna do. The N1 is too unreliable for me to spend $500 plus and not know if its gonna work or not with 3G. I am not gonna pay that kinda money to run on Edge, just not gonna happen ever. We are supposed to me moving forward, not backwards in tech. And not paying more to get less.

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    i hear the HTC bravo might be coming out for ATT look into it, you might like it, it looks pretty sweet
    Yea, good point, however its called the passion or bravo, undetermined at this point, its also undecided if its comming to sprint or Att. Probbably Att since they have none so far, and are getting some very soon. Would be a great way to start ATT droid series.

Not only that but it has all the specs the N1 has, probably has 2.1, has a Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon under the hood and a 3.7-inch AMOLED.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links