How does this calendar work?

This is a discussion on How does this calendar work? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys! Ok so I have been a Nokia user for the longest time. I just got bored with the N95 8Gb, sold it and ...

Thread: How does this calendar work?

How does this calendar work?

Hey guys!
    Ok so I have been a Nokia user for the longest time. I just got bored with the N95 8Gb, sold it and bought the Nexus One. There was one feature on the Nokia that I don't know if I can replicate on my N1. I hope that someone here might be able to tell me what to do. Basically on my Nokias, if I set a new calander event like a birthday or something, on the day of the event, my homescreen would show a little icon and a small description of the event. This would stay there the whole day. I could click on it, and it would take me to the calendar app, but the homepage would still always have a small permanent reminder which was awesome.

So how does the calendar on the N1 work? Is there a way I can get it to show up like this? Or at least an icon indicating that there is an event which stays all day long?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Go to Google Calendars and preview it...there are 'reminder's' you can set and customise to events, which sound like what you're after.
    thanks for the reply!
    and sorry to sound like a complete n00b, but could you explain that in a bit more detail? google calendars where and preview it how?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post
    Go to Google Calendars and preview it...there are 'reminder's' you can set and customise to events, which sound like what you're after.
    thanks for the reply!
    and sorry to sound like a complete n00b, but could you explain that in a bit more detail? google calendars where and preview it how?
    www.google.com/calendar

Click on a time to create/edit an event, look for reminders in edit

eg. pop-up reminder, 1 days, for your goal.
    ahh i get it... so the pop up reminder stays on my home screen the entire day? is there a way i can make this event straight from the phone instead of google calendar?

ok i actually just tried making a new calendar entry for today, i made it an all day entry with a 24 hour reminder. it didnt even show up in my notifications though the event is supposed to be for today :s

Also set up the widget on one of the homescreens, it's useful!

I didn't realise you had a Nexus1

Per the Google Calendar help:

Keep in mind that reminders for "All Day" events are based on 5:00 pm the day before the event (according to your current time zone). So, if you choose to receive your reminder 10 minutes before your "All Day" event on August 24th, you'll be reminded on August 23rd at 4:50 pm. Please visit the Notification section for more information on receiving Google Calendar reminders.
    ahh so thats why it was not popping up! I was waiting for it to pop up at midnight! thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Also set up the widget on one of the homescreens, it's useful!
    bingo!! this is actually exactly what i was looking for! If this shows my daily events on the widget and just stays till the end of the day, that would be perfect! thanks!! dont know why i didnt realise the calendar had a widget!

use ebobirthday! ahihihii

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links