Edit default emergency number

This is a discussion on Edit default emergency number within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dlngu2 Although Google is making amazing products. I don't know why they ain't expanding their business and let everyone enjoys the sweet ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edit default emergency number

Quote Originally Posted by dlngu2 View Post
    Although Google is making amazing products. I don't know why they ain't expanding their business and let everyone enjoys the sweet juice.

I just wonder what the heck is Google thinking about this ---> "The Nexus One was not programmed to work with carriers in any other country other than the US"

If they didn't mean to sell the N1 widely outside the US they are really missing out a HUGE revenue figure.

Why do they mainly stick with the US market where they have always got struck by great competition and patent issues from the *****y Apple iPhone?

There are tons of people out there from Europe and Asia dying to buy the N1. This sucks big time!!!
    FYI... Google does intend to sell outside the 'USA'; UK, Hong Kong & Singapore being the first.

I believe Google wants to test the USA market (get their support in order etc). before it's release worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Although Google is making amazing products. I don't know why they ain't expanding their business and let everyone enjoys the sweet juice.

I just wonder what the heck is Google thinking about this ---> "The Nexus One was not programmed to work with carriers in any other country other than the US"

If they didn't mean to sell the N1 widely outside the US they are really missing out a HUGE revenue figure.

Why do they mainly stick with the US market where they have always got struck by great competition and patent issues from the *****y Apple iPhone?

There are tons of people out there from Europe and Asia dying to buy the N1. This sucks big time!!!
    FYI... Google does intend to sell outside the 'USA'; UK, Hong Kong & Singapore being the first.

I believe Google wants to test the USA market (get their support in order etc). before it's release worldwide.
    I'm well aware of that fact (I bought mine in Singapore). But, the fact that the N1 is unlocked, which is fantastic, should mean that they have set up the phone to work properly at least in UK, Hong Kong and Singapore. Anyway, Google rocks....I hope they can get their customer supports & services in order ASAP and everything will be fixed with another firmware update once the phone is sold woldwide. Cheers!!!

It will get there in time. Remember, this is their first stab at doing the phone. As you can see, they are still struggling with putting the support network in place, and still working the bugs out of the phone.

google doesn't have to worry about revenues..

google takes its time and does things right.

Hello fellow N1 users, I finally managed to fix this emergency number issue . Frankly speaking I was hesitating to root my N1 in order to avoid losing my warranty from Google but then I decided to root my gadget as the warranty is only valid within the US and I'm currently located in Qatar. After successful rooting, I backed-up my original OEM image and flashed a Custom Rom with built-in Arabic Support. To fix the emergency number configuration do the following:

Download and install a paid application called "Root Explorer" from the Market
    Grant Root Privileges all the time
    Navigate to /system and switch from r/o (Read-Only Access) to R/W (Read&Write Access)
    Long-press on "build.prop" and click "Open in Text Editor" from the drop-down-list
    Go to "ro.ril.oem.ecclist=911,112,999,000,08,118,111,120 ,122,110,119,995,0800
    ro.ril.oem.nosim.ecclist=911,112,999,000,08,118,11 1,120,122,110,119,995,0800"
    Change it to "ro.ril.oem.ecclist=999
    ro.ril.oem.nosim.ecclist=999"
    Save changes and close the file
    Repeat the same steps with "build.prop.nopassword"

Also, you can change "ro.product.locale.region=US" to "ro.product.locale.region=UK" and "ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy" to "ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy"
    Repeat the same steps with "build.prop.nopassword"

Now I can call Qtel Call Centre "111" without being diverted to the "Police" Emergency Line, I'm now a happy bunny. I thought sharing this information is going to be useful for everyone who does not live in the US. Rooting your N1 can solve lots of issues but you have to remember you do it on your own risk.

Wink

Thanks for the info, it looks as if 'rooting' is the way to go...

The 'jury is still out' on this one for me.

Thanks Bishop6, by rooting my N1 I managed to fix many issues however I noticed another bug and I'll open a new thread to discuss and evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by fitlad View Post

Thanks Bishop6, by rooting my N1 I managed to fix many issues however I noticed another bug and I'll open a new thread to discuss and evaluate.
    Which may need to go in the Dev/Hacking forum...

It's depend on how you'd interpretate it.
    Op's inquiry was to find out how 111 doesn't connect to his carrier in his location, since it is unlocked and google didn't have any intention to support this specific carrier's way of contacting them from their customers.

Same here, any carrier specific phones have some sort of shortcut numbers to connect to their customer service, but if you have any unlocked phone the number is not always automatically programed itself.

I guess in some country, 111 is used as emergency contact. That was the problem to begin with, not how google conduct their business.

my n1 is the UK version and came with Uk and EU certification and not set up for working in the USA so the statement about us only is total bull...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links